Daytona 200 AMA Formula Xtreme

Powers739

Donating Member
Registered
Went to the races the other day in Daytona with long time friends down in FL.  

Chaz Davies becomes Daytona 200 winner after Josh Hayes disqualified
The Associated PressPublished: March 9, 2008

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla.: Chaz Davies of Wales was named the winner of Saturday's Daytona 200 AMA Formula Xtreme Series race at Daytona International Speedway after Josh Hayes was disqualified on a technical violation.

Davies, whose Attack Kawasaki entry finished second to Hayes in the season-opening race, was awarded the victory after a postrace inspection of the top three finishers found that the crankshaft on Hayes' Honda had been illegally altered.

Kawasaki's Steve Rapp, the 2007 Daytona winner, was moved from third to second in the official results, with Larry Pegram's Ducati in third.

In the opening round of the AMA Superbike championship, six-time Superbike champion Mat Mladin led all 15 laps on his way to a 3.368-second victory over his Suzuki teammate Ben Spies

cool pics Ted.
beerchug.gif
I watched the race on Speed.

Ted you should have called me, i was there!  
beerchug.gif
Damn... for some reason I thought you were already headed back up North (to the great white North). We were in the in field, just after the horseshoe... got to see that accident coming from a mile away (actually, just a several yards)...

I didn't know I was going until Friday afternoon...

Back