Elena Myers Heads to Triumph from Suzuki

Flicka

Professional Booga Flicka
Registered
Now that she's working with Triumph, Jason Disalvo, and Richard Harris, maybe we'll see her more of her at STT events. :thumbsup:

AMA Pro Road Racing News - Jason DiSalvo, Elena Myers and Kenny Riedmann Team Up For AMA Pro Road Racing's Daytona 200

Daytona Beach, Fla. (February 28, 2013) – Daytona 200 winner Jason DiSalvo, Daytona SuperSport race winner Elena Myers, and Canadian stand-out Kenny Riedmann will converge at Daytona International Speedway as teammates for this year’s AMA Pro Road Racing Daytona 200, riding matching Castrol Triumph Daytona 675Rs.DiSalvo won the Daytona 200 for Latus Motors Racing in 2011. He returned in 2012 to charge through the field after an unscheduled pit stop to nearly win the race with a Gary Nixon-inspired livery. DiSalvo will run the full AMA Pro Road Racing Daytona Sport Bike season with Latus Motors Racing, with Riedmann Racing providing his bike for the Daytona 200.

“I'm really happy to be back on the Latus Motors Racing team and can’t wait to get back to Daytona’s high banks,†said DiSalvo. “I’m especially excited about the opportunity to have Kenny and Elena as teammates. The past few seasons with Latus and Triumph have been awesome, and I'm so happy to continue this great relationship. We’re going to have some great racing.â€

“We're really excited to enter our fifth season in the always competitive Go Pro Daytona Sportbike class,†said George Latus. “Jason’s produced some great rides for our team and I’m really looking forward to working with him again. We have made some changes in the team structure, bringing our engine building in-house under the direction of Mike Stegmann. Mike’s been with me for the past 12 years and he’s worked on everything from Top Fuel drag race bikes to our former AMA Pro Thunder program. Also joining us is Dale Zlock as our crew chief and chassis builder. Dale brings a wealth of experience to our program, and is a great asset to our team's continued success.â€

Kenny Riedmann returns to run a full schedule in AMA Pro Daytona Sport Bike after running a partial season in 2012. Kenny was a consistent top five finisher in CSBK Pro Sportbike, held the Shannonville Pro Lap Record in both the 600cc and Superbike classes, and won the 250GP Shannonville RACE Superseries Championship.

“The competition in Daytona SportBike is fantastic and I’m really looking forward to focusing my efforts on this series with the Triumph,†said Riedmann. “I’m grateful to be one of the few Canadians that have the opportunity to run a full season in AMA Pro Road Racing.â€

Myers makes her Daytona 200 debut aboard a Riedmann Racing Castrol Triumph after winning SuperSport race two at Daytona in 2012. That win made her the first female to win a professional motorsports event of any kind at Daytona International Speedway. In 2010, Elena’s win at Infineon Raceway in the SuperSport division made her the first woman to win an AMA Pro road race.

“Words can't describe how excited I am about this opportunity,†said Myers. “I'd like to give a huge thank you to George Latus, Jason DiSalvo, Roland and Kenny Riedmann, and Richard Harris for putting this together. Up until a few weeks ago I was without a ride and they all stepped up in a big way to make this come together. The Triumph is phenomenal and I'm really looking forward to running it in the Daytona 200 and Daytona SportBike class.â€

Latus Motors/Riedmann Racing will run the 2012 Triumph Daytona 675R in the Daytona 200 while they develop the all-new 2013 675Rs for AMA Pro Daytona SportBike competition. George Latus owns and operates Latus Motors Triumph. Riedmann Racing is owned and operated by former Canadian 250GP National Champion Roland Riedmann.

Latus Motors/Riedmann Racing sponsors include Castrol, GE Capital, FreedomRoad Financial, Lucky Brand, Apex Manufacturing, Sportbike Track Time, DynoJet, and Triumph Motorcycles. Latus Motors Racing sponsors also include Arrow exhaust, Catalyst Racing Composites, ET rear sets and Pilot riding apparel. Riedmann Racing sponsors also include Sturgess Cycle Triumph, Bickle Racing Products, BlueStreakRacing.ca, Dion Device brake lever guards, Fast Frank Racing, Hindle exhaust, and Pro 6 Cycle. Jason DiSalvo and Elena Myers also are sponsored by Arai helmets. Kenny Riedmann also is sponsored by Cortech and Shoei helmets.

That would be cool... I gotta say I would be happy to get out and get passed like I was sitting still by her :laugh: ... She is silly fast

Holy crap! Get this girl on a drag bike. 5'3 and only a 115lbs? She'd be a rocket

Back