How AMA is killing SBK

i just got the speed channel for free :cheerleader: and im a night owl. so i have been loving the races! i think their fun to watch. i do miss some of the other classes but what can ya do? they just don't make 2stroke race bikes anymore. :poke: might be funny to watch a 250 ninja class:laugh:

i dont have any answers, but i still love watchin the races:cheerleader:

Also, our numbers are so low compared to cars. I live in the Tampa/Clearwater/St. Pete area which has a huge population and it is very hard to find a sport bike rider to ride with. I have tried a few websites, but nothing comes of it. I can in one try, ride with anywhere from 10 to 100 Harley riders on any given weekend.:thumbsup: Our numbers are low, our cohesion and riding together is almost non-existent. Can't do anything when no one is behind it. Blame your fellow sport bike riders. Heck, I do!!

As a new rider (one year now) coming from auto and snowmobile racing. I can elaborate on the lack of motorcyle racing at length. If interested I could go on......:cheerleader:

Also, our numbers are so low compared to cars. I live in the Tampa/Clearwater/St. Pete area which has a huge population and it is very hard to find a sport bike rider to ride with. I have tried a few websites, but nothing comes of it. I can in one try, ride with anywhere from 10 to 100 Harley riders on any given weekend.:thumbsup: Our numbers are low, our cohesion and riding together is almost non-existent. Can't do anything when no one is behind it. Blame your fellow sport bike riders. Heck, I do!!

As a new rider (one year now) coming from auto and snowmobile racing. I can elaborate on the lack of motorcyle racing at length. If interested I could go on......:cheerleader:

I see you've never been around a DUCATI :thumbsup: or a BMW Club. They don't call them Du-ca-tistas for NOTHING :laugh: . And yeah, our numbers are miniscule compaired to cars, but they also have more than 8 races in any of the Nascar Class races. Infact, they have loads more races in the SCCA, Petit LeMans Endurance, Outlaw and Indy Car (and who watchs Indy Car now- it sure isn't on TV (well Virsus (SP ?) on late night or another day like Speed does the AMA) ) .

My point is you FIRST have to get someone to PROMOTE it, which the AMA seems to be unable to or just isn't interested in doing anymore. It also requires the networks (Speed mainly) to promote and show the racing at prime times. SBK, Isle of Man, British Superbike and the AMA would then provide Ads on TV. It sure would get more of an audience than Australia Super Car, the Euro Super Car or the British Sub Compac Car races :rofl: . Well anyway, that's my :2cents: :stirpot:

I'd like to be around ANY sport bike club. I can't find any. Can't even find riders to ride with except Harley's, who ride with anyone. Sport bike guys in this area seem to be loners. Sport bike riding will never do much without more regular people riding. It is very frustrating.

I really don't understand how so much money can be dumped into Nascar racing, while F1 and Superbike racing eek by here in the US. I can't help but wonder if it has to do with the scant amount of advertising and the horrible timeslots that racing is aired. For example, I would love to watch the Isle of Man races, but they air at such odd times I rarely do. Same for most MotoGP races. :(

LOL Get a DVR, I don't miss anything on Two Wheels..

Back