MotoGP at Indy?

WuzzaCBXRider

Donating Member
Registered
It’s cold and rainy today so I’m watching the Indy Cars qualifying and their pit stop competitions. Having watched bikes racing at Daytona on the banking (in the good old days) I thought, how cool would it be to see GP bikes at Indy. No cork screws, no esses, just flat out till it’s over!:laugh: No real banking there but the Indy cars were averaging in the mid 220s.:bowdown: Endurance would be key for the win as would pit stops (for fuel and tires NOT for exchanging bikes):confused: but I’d be interested in watching the bikes on an oval, not for 500 miles though. Half that would be enough.:D Whaddya think?

That was a reversed direction modified F1 track used even earlier but that’s not what I’m talking about.

arch.. u haven't commented on any of my posts... I was beginning to think the worst... hows the bimmer doin..?

All good buddy. I have been sick with a cold or flu (lasted a frickin week!) and then work piled up. I was also tearing into the BMW for a project that I posted here this morning. Wife came into the garage and gasped, as bike plastic was all over the place, only took me 3 months to tear into her (yes, it's a sickness)! I swear there is a little German guy in a room trying to figure out how to make each piece on this bike into a little brain teasing puzzle. Took 2 days to get the plastic off, now that I figured out all the tricks, it's quicker though. It is an understatement to say this thing is well built. Definitely not a easy bike to work on like the Busa. My hands are covered with band-aids! But learning new stuff and having fun with it.

I'm still keeping an eye on you though buddy so keep your nose clean Lol!

All good buddy. I have been sick with a cold or flu (lasted a frickin week!) and then work piled up. I was also tearing into the BMW for a project that I posted here this morning. Wife came into the garage and gasped, as bike plastic was all over the place, only took me 3 months to tear into her (yes, it's a sickness)! I swear there is a little German guy in a room trying to figure out how to make each piece on this bike into a little brain teasing puzzle. Took 2 days to get the plastic off, now that I figured out all the tricks, it's quicker though. It is an understatement to say this thing is well built. Definitely not a easy bike to work on like the Busa. My hands are covered with band-aids! But learning new stuff and having fun with it.

I'm still keeping an eye on you though buddy so keep your nose clean Lol!
arch.. did it occur to you that if u had frank throw a turbo on that BMW it might be the only one in the whole world?

arch.. did it occur to you that if u had frank throw a turbo on that BMW it might be the only one in the whole world?
Funny you should ask! The BMW guys think the K1600 6 cylinder motor is the greatest most powerful motor ever. I got quite a lashing when I told them the stock Gen 2 motor will eat it's lunch and is just as friendly! So BMW has shown prototypes of a hyper bike based on the 1600 cc 6. That would be a monster bike and it could deliver 300 HP at idle with a turbo. The way the BMW is laid out it has one throttle body and the intake runners are over 12 inches long! Shorten these and slap a turbo of SC on there and this thing is good for 400 hp on pump gas no problem (remember it's 1600 cc). Unfortunately, BMW is not into massive power on it's street bikes so unlikely they would do it. And nobody is going to experiment with a bike that costs this much money and there are no aftermarket parts for (pistons, rods, nothing). A blown K1600 would easily hit $100K for a mild build.

Back