MotoGP coming to Indy

super.gif
super.gif

Good stuff!!!

super.gif

Wow, I'm so excited that it's *in addition to* and not *instead of* Laguna Seca! Not only do us west coasters keep ours, it indicates growth of MotoGP in North America and gives so many worthy additional motorcyclists the opportunity to experience it in person.

Raydog

More info;

The info, quick and dirty ... next year's race will be run on an all-new course that is yet to be constructed but uses many elements of the existing road course. Building will commence as soon as the NASCAR race is over later this year.

No one can say for sure, but it's likely there will be a test at some point when the track is finished. 125s and 250s are coming as well.

The new layout will circulate the same direction as the oval races (F1 went the reverse direction) and the first four turns of the road course will be all new. Another section -- turns 7, 8, and 9 -- is believed to be a major passing area. There will be a grandstand added in this area.

Kenny Jr. said he expected speeds on the straight to be around 210 miles per hour. Asked about passing, he said there seemed to be lots of opportunities. T1 looks like a Daytona-type first turn with serious passing potential at the way into turn two for those good on the brakes.[/Quote]

(raydog @ Jul. 16 2007,19:10) Wow, I'm so excited that it's *in addition to* and not *instead of* Laguna Seca! Not only do us west coasters keep ours, it indicates growth of MotoGP in North America and gives so many worthy additional motorcyclists the opportunity to experience it in person.

Raydog
The Laguna Seca contract expires after 2008. I see Daytona, Barber and Miller making a bid.

i just might have to make the trip over for that.....
beerchug.gif

Hummmmmm
wink.gif
, so they're going the opposite direction that F1 goes ! Interesting and safe since it takes out the 180 mph + turn (1 or 4 depending on which direction your going) where there's a brick wall waiting for you.

Although I've never been there, it seems the spectator can visually stay with the race for so much longer at Indy than most of the tracks I've attended (where you only get a 1-3 corner glimpse, can't hear the announcer, and the big outdoor screens suck...to me anyway).

can't figure out the pricing on the tickets to save my life!

will be going though... very excited. Wanted to go to laguna since it came back but it's a major trip..

indy isn't so bad.

dunno if they are daily rates ... but me thinks they are 3day prices. If thats the case, 150 to sit in the penthouse and watch the entire race... not bad
cool.gif

Back