2006 le

HRJR

Donating Member
Registered
After a year of research (and lots of lurking on this forum) I finally pulled the trigger and bought my first 'Busa - a 2006 LE!

The deal with my wife was "finish the kitchen remodel and you can get the Hayabusa".  So, naturally, the kitchen remodel became a *very high* priority.

Well, after much pain (and money) I finished the kitchen.  Then, the fun part began.  I got to go "shopping" for a bike.  So many choices, so little time... Well, the choice of bike was easy.  I had decided on a 'Busa long ago.  But the color, oh that might be difficult.  Which color was truly the fastest color (please no posts!  
biggrin.gif
 ) Hmmm.  Well, considering that my truck is *white* and my wife's car is *white* and my son's car is *white*, and the exterior color of my house is *white* and the interior walls in my house are *white", well, you get the picture...  This choice was going to be very difficult!

(I was once told by an interior decorator that having a house with all white interior walls was a sign of some kind of mental illness.  But, I didn't believe him...at least I don't think I believed him...)

Anyways, I found the bike I wanted in the color I wanted at the price that I wanted and I just pulled the trigger and bought it.  Rode it home (when the weather permitted it - winter in New England you know) and now I try to get some break-in miles on her ever chance I get.  Of course, I'm extra careful (new bike, sand on roads, cold, snow, ice, etc.)  I promised myself I would keep her under 150 until she's completely broken in (my bad.. just kidding  
biggrin.gif
 , er, sort of...)

As per the requirements of this site, I have included the mandatory photos for your perusal.

biggrin.gif

Please no abuse (yet) for the lack of mod's (kickstand, stickers, reflectors, etc.). These photo's were taken when the bike first came to it's new home. Some mod's have already taken place. I will comment on them (and post photo's soon).

I am having fun.

Looks great good choice.  

<!--EDIT|Tio Loco
Reason for Edit: "Because I can"|1140292648 -->

Now you need to tell your wife that you are required to be in Deals Gap April 28th thru the 30th. Don't take no for an answer.

Back