2006 LE or wait for the 2007?

gkgj72

Registered
My name is gkgj72 and I am new to this forum. I have ridden sport bikes for years with alot of track time in my younger years. I am almost 40 now and have been riding crusiers and customs for the past couple of years. I am jonesing for another sport bike.I have looked at the 2006 Limited Edition (gun metal grey/white) and I love the colors but I don't know if I should wait for the 2007. According to some of the information I have seen, they are supposed to increase the horsepower in 2007. Anyone have any information that could help me make this decision?

Welcome to the board.
I haven't heard of any horsepower changes coming in 2007. Certaintly could happen. It is easy to increase the horsepower yourself (turbo, TRE, intake, exhaust, tec...) Personally, I could not wait, the BUSA is just too much fun! Besides who knows what might happen to you in a year, you might never get the chance to experience the madness that is BUSA!!!!

welcome aboard the 2007 might be a better bike might not but the early release is not engraved in stone i think you would be pleasantly surprised with the power of the 2006 i wouldn't wait
smile.gif

thanks for the welcome ...i would love go it one today ..can you tell me about this bike that call the bayabusa 175 hp alot hp

Welcome to the site. I bought my '05 LE because I liked the color and couldn't wait. If you like the '06, get it!

My name is gkgj72 and I am new to this forum.  I have ridden sport bikes for years with alot of track time in my younger years.  I am almost 40 now and have been riding crusiers and customs for the past couple of years. I am jonesing for another sport bike.I have looked at the 2006 Limited Edition (gun metal grey/white) and I love the colors but I don't know if I should wait for the 2007.  According to some of the information I have seen, they are supposed to increase the horsepower in 2007.  Anyone have any information that could help me make this decision?
Welcome....I am of the opinion that if you want the new '07. Get in line now. If there are changes to body/motor, they will probably be in very high demand. Which usually will mean no deals. Maybe buy an '06 now with the option of having dibs on an '07 if they trip your trigger. Why deny yourself the pleasure........

If you can afford now, go ahead. But if you wait until fall I bet there will be smokingly awesome deals on 2006 and less if the 2007 is changed...

This same topic comes up every year and those who wait are always dissapointed. When they see the model didn't change, the first thing they say when they purchase a Hayabusa is "I shouldn't have waited". The way I see it, life is too short to wait on much of anything. If you have the means of getting one right now, then do so. At the earliest, the '07 Busa may be released in June ... we still have 5 months to go.

Unless you KNOW for a fact that the model will change, I wouldn't suggest waiting so long. Even if the '07 does indeed have more power, you won't be dissappointed with what the current ones have.

On top of that, the present model has a vast amount of aftermarket parts. If the model changes in '07, then you're gonna have to wait for the aftermarket parts. Too much waiting if you ask me.

My advice, get the current model ... upgrade it if need be (i.e. exhaust) ... wait a couple of years for Suzuki to iron out any problems the new model may have and for the aftermarket to catch up... and then (if you so desire) trade-in what you have.

Hey, what's the deal with the '06LE in your avatar?

<!--EDIT|Spigga
Reason for Edit: "avatar"|1137254905 -->

i have been debating on getting an '07 busa when they come out (i already have 1 though* i am not 25 till july, so insurance suckes for me on NEW bikes..well.. till im 25. so IF the '07s come out, i will prob get 1.

I was going to say exactly what Spigga posted. Don't wait, you can always trade yours in in a couple of years when the new and improved version comes out.

I wouldn't wait, what you got there is the best choice and you will be happy with it, it is already top of the line technically, in current market...if they upgrade to put more power it will not be much more...
argue.gif

617ascd.jpg

Welcome to the board!

I had the same struggle as you. 06LE or wait for a *possible* change in 07. Decided (as others have said) to enjoy the 'Busa life NOW. Nothing is stopping you from looking at an 07 *IF* it indeed changes substantially and *IF* you don't want to wait for the first year bugs to be worked out.

Go for the 06LE.

My 2 cents.

Good luck in your decision.

Back