2002 Busa wont rev above 7000rpm

fiedel

Registered
Hi guys,

Having trouble with a Hayabusa 2002 1397ccm with power commander.

The engine runs fine below 7000 rpm, but wont rev above 7000 rpm.

Trying to locate the problem, could the Power Commander be the culprit ?

If I can help by posting images or video of the engine running, please reply.

Best regards
Anders Fiedel - Denmark

Fuel, air, spark. When the bike is under hard throttle and hesitating, does the power come back a bit when you roll off the throttle? If so it's likely a fueling problem. Check your fuel filter. Of course you want to disconnect your power commander first and eliminate that as the culprit.

i did a DIY thread on how to bypass the filter and save yourself 268 bucks....check them out

The bike is running without fuel filter, fuel is being filtered before filling tank (alloy race tank)
Bike is used only on track (drag)
So I guess our next step is to get the injectors cleaned and tested :)

Thanks guys, we will post result here when injectors have been tested.

Check the Throttle position sensor, throttle cables...open the airbox up and make sure your getting the throttle plates fully open.
What air box are you using, do you still have the stock one with its silly wee plastic air damper.
Check the fuel lines arent collapsing...unless they were changed they are 12 yrs old and are likely soft and kinked under the tank.
What plugs are you using...not uncommon for the spark to be put out if the gap isn't 100%...my Bking would behave like this when the iridium plugs it had began to foul up.

Could possibly be just a weak fuel pump
What kind of fuel are you using?
If it's oxygenated and your not draining it and putting regular pump gas back in it,,,, well that will mess up a fuel pump and injectors right quick!! Ask me how I know!! Lol!

I had the same problem with my 2002' I switched fuel tanks with a friend who has a 2003 and that fixed the problem. So I replaced the fuel pump in my tank, still had the problem. Next replaced the regulator and filter, that solved the problem.
Brad

Hi guys,

Having trouble with a Hayabusa 2002 1397ccm with power commander.

The engine runs fine below 7000 rpm, but wont rev above 7000 rpm.

Trying to locate the problem, could the Power Commander be the culprit ?

If I can help by posting images or video of the engine running, please reply.

Best regards
Anders Fiedel - Denmark
My 2008 hayabusa does the same thing I haven’t figured it out yet I replaced the coils plugs air filter fuel pump fuel pressure regulator and fuel strainer and it’s stil cutting power and won’t go past 7000-7500 rpms next I’m changing the injectors

Back