Vibration above 5K

Cerberus

Donating Member
Registered
First, let me say, I'm new to the 'Busa so this may be normal.

I have an '07 with 413 miles on it..getting ready for first oil change. The problem I have is when the revs get above 5K, I feel a distinct vibration through the whole bike. Everything below 5k is fine and smooth. It is hard to describe how crusing down the highway is smooth, then speed up and hit 5k on the tach and feel vibration through the seat and foot pegs., and the faster I go (higher rpms) the worse it gets. I haven't taken it above 6k yet due to the "break-in" period but it does it in all gears when rpm's hit 5k.

Any ideas on the problem or is this normal?

Thanks

Its normal wait till you hit 9k
SHOCKED.gif

Good times good times
super.gif
wow.gif

(05BusaLe @ Jul. 11 2007,16:16) Its normal wait till you hit 9k  
SHOCKED.gif

Good times good times  
super.gif

wow.gif
eek2.gif
  Man if this is normal at 5K, 9K must be terrifying!!!
SHOCKED.gif

Thanks for the response.

SHOCKED.gif

You can do a search here, there are some things you can do to cut the vibration down in the wind screen, put a couple rubber washers under tank and so on......

Vibes start about 4500 rpm and start to smooth out again at 5500. 7K on up and it should be smooth as glass. If the vibration continues to get worse at higher rpms something isn't right, take the bike back to the dealer-----throttle bodies may be out of sync.

I blast thru 4000 - 5000 so fast, I don't know whether or not she is vibrating. JK, this is my second Busa and I have ridden others. They all seem to have a little bit of vibe right thru there.

Don

Thanks everyone for the info. I will just have to see how it does above 5K.

Thanks Again!!!

Back