06 busa acting like its stuck on revlimeter

Cool mr brown I will make sure we double check everything I really appreciate all the help you guys I will ask him about the gas he put back in it. I was worried that an injector could be clogged we do live in ca and the gas is horrible here.
It could be an injector, but best to rule out the cheap and simple possibilities first. Rob @Boosted Cycle Perf offers injector cleaning, so that's always an option. Keep us updated.

I’ve had a rash of this type of symptom come through the shop the last few months.

Most of them I’ve found to be weak fuel pumps. All of them had good fuel pressure at idle and free revving, but as soon as you hit 6 grand or so going down the road the fuel pressure tanks.

Yes new fuel was put in he whent with a higher flow rate fuel pump with new filter I believe I believe 91 octane was what he uses.
Iwant to share the specific pump that was installed, so the more experience guys can comment on it?

Hey guys yes brand new pump was put on. Looked over everything looks good it just acting like a lunch control. So we are going to change the clutch switch on the bar I heard of it causing a false revlimete problem so we are going to try that. And go from their we live out in the desert with the colses shop being 3hrs away.

Hey guys yes brand new pump was put on. Looked over everything looks good it just acting like a lunch control. So we are going to change the clutch switch on the bar I heard of it causing a false revlimete problem so we are going to try that. And go from their we live out in the desert with the colses shop being 3hrs away.
Isn’t the rev limiter set at 11,000. You can pull in the clutch and hit it unless you have a 2 step programmed.

No update as of yet replaced the clutch lever switch but does the same thing. Will not rev past 4k rpm and just bounces runs strong just bounces like in the video

Clutch switch wouldn't have caused it. You're 100% sure there isn't a launch master or other type of 2step on the bike? No unexplained wires on the ground side of the battery?

I think the fuel pressure needs to be tested, should be around 45psi, the fuel pressure regulator may not be working within the correct parameters, probably too high a pressure. . . . that's my 2 cents worth.
I agree it must be fuelling...something is cutting off the power as it's falling on it's face...if it were carbureted I'd say they were very dirty.

If it were me, I'd pick up a set of injectors and try those...if it ran good in the fall, it has to be something simple.

I agree it must be fuelling...something is cutting off the power as it's falling on it's face...if it were carbureted I'd say they were very dirty.

If it were me, I'd pick up a set of injectors and try those...if it ran good in the fall, it has to be something simple.
Before spending money on any parts as a guess, first there are tests to be performed.
Fuel pressure and fuel delivery tests are number one in the list.
He said the fuel pump was replaced so that’s the clue right there.

Before spending money on any parts as a guess, first there are tests to be performed.
Fuel pressure and fuel delivery tests are number one in the list.
He said the fuel pump was replaced so that’s the clue right there.
lol... I told ya how us backyard bamboo mechanics do things.... we plug parts till we hit the JACKPOT.

Back