20 yr. old kid dies on my street last nite

my wife called me this morning at work and told me my son keeps asking her about it.
The kid had also told me he got chased by state troopers a couple of times..
i think it was enevitable it was going to happen...

my wife called me this morning at work and told me my son keeps asking her about it.
The kid had also told me he got chased by state troopers a couple of times..
i think it was enevitable it was going to happen...
Young, dumb and full of....we've all been like that at some point. Some just blow by their abilities.

This is one of those images that may be engraved in your son's head...I still have one from when a guy wrecked on his mc when I was about 7. One you'll never forget either.

Best thing you can do is get out and ride. Hit some remote roads and get comfortable/confident.

terrible that it happened.. but that is the life of alot of squids.

Hopefully the two other friends get a clue, or get off the bikes..

Sorry to hear
down.gif

This just breaks my heart to hear something like this. Sorry you and your lil boy had to witness it. I really feel for the parents and his family/friends.

Sorry you had to witness that. My side job doing police towing takes me to a lot of horrendous crashes; it has definitely affected the way I drive/ride.

Very sad situation for the boy's family.

Knowing Brendan's street it's crazy to think that this kid tried to stand up his bike twice in such a short distance before the turn. No doubt he was trying to show-off and it ended tragically. Unfortunately, the power underneath the legs will do that to some people. Maybe if his helmet was strapped it would have ended much differently... but I'm a firm believer in when it's your time to go, there's nothing that will change it.

On a different note, bro, when you called me last night to tell me about it I didn't realize you were so messed up about it. In my own defense I've seen this stuff a ton of times and I should have been more concerned for you... sorry
sad.gif
sad.gif
I'll be calling you.

sad.gif

My friend..it takes time. After time passes you just live with it. All you can do.

I went throught the same thing when David was killed in front of me. Imagine having to make family decisions while his wife was in critical condition. Organ donar, contacting his Son, hospitalizing my girlfriend for heat exhaustion and trama from the accident. It was the worst week of my life.

I guess what I am trying to say here is it gets better. Best bet is to stay off the bike at this time until you work through this crisis.

Very sad. Very young.

hogger...

I have a 5 year old son and I can already imagine the questions in his mind and he'd have 'em...

...best thing to do, because I believe it will make a difference, is just tell him that you always have to be careful when riding, that bad things happen if you're not and out of all of this, he may remember that one fact...no need to explain to him that this poor guy died in front of him; that just scares little ones
down.gif

Of course, you should definitely handle that in any way you see appropriate; I realize every kid is different...
sad.gif

A year and a half ago BaBusa and I came up on a motorcycle crash on the Crest. The bike was totally destroyed and the rider was laying in an unnatural position. I knew he was dead before I took his pulse, no pulse. BaBusa and I took the corner at 80-85mph just cruising along. That guy was probably doing 100+, went wide, hit a berm which launched him, and then he impacted a rock face 8-10' above the road. The front wheel was in a tree 20-25' in a tree and the radiator and headers were completely flat/molded to the engine.

I was out of it cruising home and not paying attention, ended up getting a speeding ticket... my mind was elswhere. That stuff is hard to see, but time heals all.

Sorry you had to see that. The couple of wrecks that I have seen in person were not fatal, but they still scared me.

Sucks you had to witness that - all we can do is set the example w/ gear & riding style

i'm sorry you had to see that. this kills me every time i hear about it. unfortunately, that is reality and accidents like this happen one too many. box easy for a couple of day and take care.
my condelences to the fam. and friends as well.
down.gif

That is terrible, I'm sorry to know that you and your son witnessed this tragedy...

Thanks for all the support.The part that sux for me right now too is that although I do respect my bikes and how easy things can change for the worst in seconds,I dont drive my bike being scared.
If I did this,I wouldn't even be able to ride a bike,but after seeing first hand how 5 seconds can rob your life,and my familys,it puts a little fear in me.
And this is what I do not want,so as I said,I need to just relax and and let a little time pass before I jump on my scoot.
Besides,now my wife is going to be a nervous wreck everytime I get on my bike seeing as it hit so close to home.
I been in a daze all day long.
I say to myself,what if I didnt go out there and talk to them kids,maybe it all wouldn't have happened...

You never know, Brendan. I doubt you had anything to do with it. It's just one of the things we can't predict.

I feel for ya, man. Hang tough.

--Wag--

Back