Local rider died last week

yamahor

DEAD MAN WALKING
Donating Member
Registered
Okay, hered the story. Local SQUID wrecked last weekend. Now, I say SQUID because:

A: He was drunk
B: No gear at all
C: No HELMET!!!

He was also doing 100+ (I've heard anything from 100 to 150) down a busy street. THROUGH STOPLIGHTS!!!

So, my question is this.... He was basicly asking to die. Am I wrong to not show remorse? I don't think so. The way I look at it, he was another stat waiting to happen, and raise my insurance... unfortunate, but true. I was talking with some friends of his and they said it didn't surprise his family one bit, when they heard, they apparrently said they've been waiting for it to happen. Super Squid? I think so.

There was a post about Ben Rothlisberger where the issue of remorse was brought up, it is sad when anyone dies of course, but riding like that it just plain stupid, what do these squids think is going to happen if they crash....
rock.gif

I can't imagine when the family is not supprised? how much did he torture his family before he checked out? don't care his own reason...should'nt bother the family like that...IE, I don't know, I should say gone for good or not...R.I.P.
sad.gif

You are not wrong at all. The way I see it is the gene pool just got that much cleaner.

There was a post about Ben Rothlisberger where the issue of remorse was brought up, it is sad when anyone dies of course, but riding like that it just plain stupid, what do these squids think is going to happen if they crash....
rock.gif
they're called squids because they dont think they're going to crash. thats why they dont wear gear and do stupid shid.

Ben, Im with you 100%. The only people I'd be upset for is his family and friends. He let them down.

Remember, doing something stupid and wadding up your bike and killing yourself ultimately burdens wifes,husbands,kids,mothers and fathers. I say this and Im not married or have children. I just couldn't imagine putting my family through anything if I wrecked due to carelessness. There are accidents and there are idiots that think they are invincible.

I don't think you are wrong here...
If you go out looking for trouble, 99% of the time you are going to find it...
Go out riding without any gear, above your capablities (then drink some so you become invincible) and endangering others just not yourself by riding at excessive speeds in traffic... its a shame, but...

Only part about this story that one should be remorseful about is the rise in insurance for riding a motorcycle.

<!--EDIT|MrGxr
Reason for Edit: None given...|1150658499 -->

Any death of someone that is not evil is sad. Someone lost a son, possibly a father, brother, uncle, nephew when this guy died. Many lives were affected.
Who is to blame? Himself for sure, acting like an idiot has consequences. His buddies for letting him ride without a helmet? His parents? The local, municipal, state and federal government for allowing people to ride without helmets?
There are lots of arguements here, lots of finger pointing will always happen, but instead of shunning and condemning this poor fellow, how about focusing on making sure more dont die the same way?

I feel bad for him, as I feel bad for anyone that dies an unnecessary death. Yes, he was a dumbass for his actions, but he can't even go back and try again.

I had the same thoughts as you did.....no sympathy for him here!

Be an asshat, pay the price! This guy was WAY beyond stupid. He got what he deserved if ya ask me. Atleast he didn't take another person with him.

This is why I don't ride with reckless people. They are selfish and eogmaniacs. They don't care who they hurt because they think they are  invincible. When they are proven wrong, I don't want to be taken out in the process! They always ride above their skill level and even when they make a mistake, they aren't smart enough to slow down and get some training....they just twist the wrist and then usually someone else pays for it! Kill yourself, fine.....hurt me or someone I love...God help you!
mad.gif

Atleast the family sounds as if they know where to place the blame rather than going off on some freeky tirade and blaming the bike!

Too bad oxygen wasters like this butthead get more press than those of us who try to portray bikes in good lighting. Not just the insurance hikes we all now will suffer with, but the bad press....it just gives more people an excuse to screw with someone on a bike.

Oh yeah, read Thrashers sig line......
biggrin.gif
Seems to fit here.

<!--EDIT|Nijinsky3
Reason for Edit: None given...|1150673509 -->

Ken02Busa:
+1

We all have moments we would like to have back. Now, if he had killed someone else......

Very sad indeed at the loss of life, but good common sense went straight out the window.

A loss of a life is always sad, even if the guy did very little to avoid his fate
sad.gif

Just my $.02

I agree that it's sad someone died, don't get me wrong there. I feel bad for his friends and family, they lost a loved one... but I don't feel bad for him. Just so yall don't get the wrong idea.

Tough for me to feel the way you do having lost a cousin (well, Mike's cousin) while drunk, speeding and running from the cops...he did EVERYTHING wrong that night and paid the ultimate price, but he was adored and we miss him...it's tough when you've lost someone in that way; could have all been so easily avoided
sad.gif

I can understand the thoughts here though; outside looking in...no judgements on my part...

Tough for me to feel the way you do having lost a cousin (well, Mike's cousin) while drunk, speeding and running from the cops...he did EVERYTHING wrong that night and paid the ultimate price, but he was adored and we miss him...it's tough when you've lost someone in that way; could have all been so easily avoided
sad.gif

I can understand the thoughts here though; outside looking in...no judgements on my part...
Sorry 'Chelle... I didn't realize.
sad.gif

sad.gif

I was talking with some friends of his and they said it didn't surprise his family one bit, when they heard, they apparrently said they've been waiting for it to happen.
WTF? If that's true, it doesn't sound like much of a family to me.

People on this board care more about people they've never even met than this kid's real family evidently cared about him.

Very very sad. Maybe that's why he didn't care to live. Truly sad.

Dont know how, but I missed the drunk part. It is not very often that a drunk kills himself and not someone else, at least here. At least the family does not have to live with the name of 'drunken suicidial murdering' son, nephew, dad, etc etc. He's just dead.

Kinda brings to mind the Darwin Awards...

If not familiar, is awarded annually to those who remove themselves from the gene pool in the most stupid manner imaginable. 1995 was my favorite-

The Arizona Highway Patrol were mystified when they came upon a pile of smoldering wreckage embedded in the side of a cliff rising above the road at the apex of a curve. The metal debris resembled the site of an airplane crash, but it turned out to be the vaporized remains of an automobile. The make of the vehicle was unidentifiable at the scene.

The folks in the lab finally figured out what it was, and pieced together the events that led up to its demise.

It seems that a former Air Force sergeant had somehow got hold of a JATO (Jet Assisted Take-Off) unit. JATO units are solid fuel rockets used to give heavy military transport airplanes an extra push for take-off from short airfields.

Dried desert lakebeds are the location of choice for breaking the world ground vehicle speed record. The sergeant took the JATO unit into the Arizona desert and found a long, straight stretch of road. He attached the JATO unit to his car, jumped in, accelerated to a high speed, and fired off the rocket.

The facts, as best as could be determined, are as follows:

The operator was driving a 1967 Chevy Impala. He ignited the JATO unit approximately 3.9 miles from the crash site. This was established by the location of a prominently scorched and melted strip of asphalt. The vehicle quickly reached a speed of between 250 and 300 mph and continued at that speed, under full power, for an additional 20-25 seconds. The soon-to-be pilot experienced G-forces usually reserved for dog-fighting F-14 jocks under full afterburners.

The Chevy remained on the straight highway for approximately 2.6 miles (15-20 seconds) before the driver applied the brakes, completely melting them, blowing the tires, and leaving thick rubber marks on the road surface. The vehicle then became airborne for an additional 1.3 miles, impacted the cliff face at a height of 125 feet, and left a blackened crater 3 feet deep in the rock.

Most of the driver's remains were not recovered; however, small fragments of bone, teeth, and hair were extracted from the crater, and fingernail and bone shards were removed from a piece of debris believed to be a portion of the steering wheel.

Ironically a still-legible bumper sticker was found, reading
"How do you like my driving? Dial 1-800-EAT-####."
biggrin.gif

Back