my 14 year old cat died friday nite.

Awww. I'm so sorry. Pets really do become a part of our lives. I know my favorite thing about my dog is the unconditional love. I'm glad your friend didn't suffer long. I'm sure he had a wonderful life with you.

Aww....so sorry. Grumpy and I have lost two cats in the past year. The first one was a 13 yr old male cat in Sept 08 and our 18 yr old female cat in October this year.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I lost my cat of 13 yrs last year and it hurt so bad I originally told my wife no more pets. If they lived longer I wouldn't mind, but it hurts so bad when they leave. They really do become a member of the family.

Cats tend to hide their sickness very well. Your cat may have been sick for awhile and you may not have realized it until the final stages. This was the case for ours. She had a couple of seizures in front of us, took her to the vet, brought her home that night and she died in my arms around 4:00 in the morning. The only thing that has helped us move on is the one thing I said I didn't want, another pet. "Santa" brought my daughter two kittens and they have really helped us to move on.

Hang in there bro!

Sorry about your loss.. I wish that our best friends ( dogs and cats ) would live longer than what they do. I had to put my best friend to sleep ( Doberman ) after 11 years of our friendship. I will never forget holding him in the vet as he went to sleep. Sorry you couldn't of been there at the end but I am sure he knows how you feel about him.

Sorry for the loss. I have had some cool cats , and I know how hard it is to loose one.

thanks for all the nice comments.. it makes me feel better. what is amazing that i noticed the nite before he died that he was looking at me alot and the same nite i went to sleep he normally comes up for a litle bit and leaves..that nite he came up by my face and laid down purring even with labor breathing and did not leave my side till in the morning.. it just looked like he knew he is not going to be around for another nite of sleep.. it just breaks my heart.
i need to quit analyzing and thinking about it but i can't help it.

thank god i got two other ones that keep me company.

Last edited:
Sorry for your loss. Animals that we invite into our lives love us unconditionally. They make us better humans.

Sorry for your loss, my friend. I lost my beloved Ibis (from where my name on here came from) last september and I still miss the little booger. Hang in there and remember, someday you'll cross the rainbow bridge together, with both of you in perfect health.

They know and feel more than we ever give them credit for.. you're in my thoughts and my sympathies for your loss..

They know and feel more than we ever give them credit for.. you're in my thoughts and my sympathies for your loss..

Very sorry for your loss i lost my 15yr old a few years ago I swear he was part human with the looks and understanding of your voice.
I wish the rest of the idiots in the world understood i get crap from people all the time they are very smart sorry dog lovers but much smarter than dogs i have a very smart dog and he still eats the cats poop LOL !!

Anyway here's how crazy I am my guy's name was (rajah) so now he rests in his final spot with the protection of his ancient relatives and yes he is really in there the middle treasure chest holds his ashes call me coo coo..

102_2447.jpg

Shawn,

Please accept my sympathies. I can't imagine how you must feel. I can say that when the time comes for any of my little buddies, it will be very hard to handle. So, in that way I can begin to understand your grief. Just hang in there as time will ease your suffering.

Tom

Very sorry for your loss i lost my 15yr old a few years ago I swear he was part human with the looks and understanding of your voice.
I wish the rest of the idiots in the world understood i get crap from people all the time they are very smart sorry dog lovers but much smarter than dogs i have a very smart dog and he still eats the cats poop LOL !!

Anyway here's how crazy I am my guy's name was (rajah) so now he rests in his final spot with the protection of his ancient relatives and yes he is really in there the middle treasure chest holds his ashes call me coo coo..

that is awesome... i am going to cremate him and keep the ashes in a nice container too.. that is love for your animals which they are part of families..

Back