My New (old) Dog

beerchug.gif
Tonight something I did not except!
beerchug.gif
They want to be part of the PACK. As long as they know YOU are the top dog there they should not have any problems. When my son brought his Rottie down to visit the first time I had him bring the kennel because I was unsure how him and my new Doberman would get along. The next morning we went in the garage and both of them were in the kennel curled up together. Still don't know how they got the door open.
laugh.gif

beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif
Tonight something I did not except!
beerchug.gif
Look at that!
Thats truely awesome.

Rotties don't live to be particularly old , is that right?
My Mother inlaw and Brother inlaw have had five "Rescue Rotties" in the past ten years.
They've all since passed away but none were any older than ten.
When you say Bones is an older dog, how old do you suspect he is?

Anyway, it's not important, what is, is how you've taken him in a given him Love.
Your gonna get that back....Ten Fold, or so I'm told.

Heres the present I got handed to me in much the same way, last Christmas Eve.
Rule of thumb, the bigger the dog the shorter the life span. My first two rotties both made it to 12 years old. Unfortunately hip dysplasia got them and I had to put both of them down. ISIS was small for a Rottweiler and she was not ready to go yet, Nacho was much bigger but you could tell it was time for her. Tank is about 6 years old and a giant, I need to keep him as thin as I can so he can go on a little longer.
As for bone he seems to be about 10 (our guess. His under coat, muzzle and paws are gray. The bad part his hips are very bad, he has a hard time getting up and his joints pop more than mine.
We should know a little more about him next week when I take him to my vet for a check up.

beerchug.gif

Back