20 yr. old kid dies on my street last nite

Aquaman

Banned Permanently By MC Mustang
About a 1/2 hr before dusk last night,I see 3 sportbikes pull up and stop in the culdesac on my street.I immediately go out and chat with them about their bikes and what not.One of them goes out with a girl on my street.They appeared to be 20-22 yrs. of age.We talked for about 15 minutes,one claimed to like to do wheelies and what not.Before I said have a good night fellas,I told them to be good and ride safe.They start up their bikes,and the wheelie kid takes off and did what appeared to me a weak wheelie!Not happy,he decides to bring it up again,only the road has a curve in it and the next thing I see his bike hit the curb and he went flying.This was only a matter of 4 houses up from mine.

His other 2 friends ride up and I hear him yelling to call 911.I told my wife about it and ran up the street.He was laying face down not moving,his helmet was off of his head so were his sneakers and one sock and a pool full of blood.!
The lady who lives at the house where it occured was on the phone with 911,they said to dont move him.
The husband said he could barely feel a pulse.The cops showed up and he did turn him over,in which the cop asked me to hold his flashlight while they performed cpr.His teeth were all broken inside of his mouth!
The ambulance was still not there by 15 min. later!
When I talked to his friends,they said he didnt strap his helmet on,and it makes sense.
When the fire and ambulance did get there,they put him on the stretcher and at this point,no one was giving cpr....this is how I know he was dead.
I had just been talking to this kid 1 minute before.
I did not get any sleep last night,and the whole thing kept playing over and over in my head.
It really freaked me out to see this.
I actually need a few days to try to forget all this before I actually get on my bike.
I am a mess right now.

man! that sucks. that goto be freaking ya out. take some time to deal with it.
but thanks for telling us about it, becaus hopefuly some of our yunger riders and some of the crazy riders might read this and think about it before geting crazzy.

Yeah...
sad.gif
...thoughts and prayers to his friends and family~

It's one thing to read about this kinda thing in the forums.. and a whole nuther to actually see it happen... it's a real eye opener even for the best of riders~ Hang in there, brother... you'll be fine with  a little time~

Brendan -
It is hard to watch something bad happen to someone - but it sounds to me like someone had something to prove which is never a good idea on a bike. It does show that you have to be in control, respect your bike and know your surroundings... anything can happen at anytime.. that's why people say to dress for the crash not for the ride.. Take a couple days then get back out there!

One of my best friends died the same way...Thank god i wasnt there to see it..The ones who did see it were pretty messed up from it...i was supposed to buy his bike from him...It took me 8 years before i decided i wanted a bike again

I've been at the scene on 3 bike accidents. None of them were fatailities, but 2 were very bad. One of the riders will never walk or ride again. While tramatic, these are learning experiences. I analyse what mistakes these riders made and how I can keep from making the same mistakes. I'd rather not learn the hard way like these riders did.

My thoughts and prayers to his friends and family, and to you. Ride safe is about the best we can say and hope for.

If the emergency workers were NOT doing CPR, he may have had a pulse and breathing on his own. Generally, we can't stop CPR once it is started unless: 1. A Doctor or Coroner tells us to. 2. You become exhausted and cannot continue. 3. OR the patient regains a pulse.
Obviously, I was not there so I cannot say for sure, but, it is possible he is still alive. Still, it is always a terrible thing to see, especially when it could have been so easily prevented.

it is such a hard thing to deal with when someone goes down like that...i've had several friends go down through the years, some made it but some didn't...make sure to take time to come to grips with it before climbing on again...my prayers go out to this guys family and to you

Yea,i knew he had to have been dead.
He had told me he just started riding in May......
4 months WTF!

I cannot imagine witnessing something like that, and after you'd just been talking to him
down.gif
Wow...incredibly sad...

I noticed that the story left out the fact that he was attempting multiple wheelies. This was either purposely not told to the media/police or just never asked.

Not sure if it would be good for motorcycling in general if the story informed the public of the fact that the kid was trying to do wheelies and had been riding for only 4 months. Hopefully, his friends learned a valuable lesson about stunting and gear.

I ran into a guy at the dealer yesterday who rides at 170 mph w/out a helmet. Never, ever wears a helmet regardless of the conditions. He has lost two pair of sunglasses from them being blown off at very high speed...what an IDIOT.

I'm sorry you had to see that. My thoughts are with family and friends.

Damn I'm sorry that you had to witness that and I'm sorry for the family and friends of this kid.

The cop asked me if they were racing and I said no.
I did no elaborate on what he was actually doing.I felt
bad enough that this kid was laying there dead,and did not
feel compelled to sit there and say "ooh yea,he was trying
to do multiple wheelies".
Call me wrong,I dont know....

BTW,my 5 yr old son saw it all to,but he really dont understand it all.

The cop asked me if they were racing and I said no.
I did no elaborate on what he was actually doing.I felt
bad enough that this kid was laying there dead,and did not
feel compelled to sit there and say "ooh yea,he was trying
to do multiple wheelies".
Call me wrong,I dont know....

BTW,my 5 yr old son saw it all to,but he really dont understand it all.
Oh schnap, your son witnessed this!!! Hope he isn't tramatized by this.

Not sure what I would say regarding the wheelies either. But the blame is going to be on the bike and not the rider...after all bikes are EVIL you know. The cops likely know from experience that is was the rider (age, new bike, speeding, etc.).

Back