20 yr. old kid dies on my street last nite

I say to myself,what if I didnt go out there and talk to them kids,maybe it all wouldn't have happened...
I would be thinking the same way, but you need to ground yourself with the fact that he admitted to running from cops, seems like he wasn't, well for lack of a better way to put this, mature enough to ride...

So, I have a feeling that outcome would have met him eventually; just incredibly sad that you feel so involved and that your son saw it all happen too...

It takes a lot to go out and ride after something like that; just take your time and when you're ready, you'll know...

random... i was riding home around 11 pm last night and i ran into a 1000rr on the freeway and we were flying /going at it for a while. I signaled him to pull over and shoot the #### for a minute because the kid could ride and i wanted to hook up again sometime soon but he just slowed and told me he's really gotta get to boston... wondering if he knew the guy or something... maybe.. maybe not.. but the kid seemed to be in a rush.

RIP to the fallen rider. I lost 2 friends on bikes this year, 3 last year, 1 before. I've learned to deal, and the best weay for me to cope is to do a burnout at the gravesite and leave the smell of rubber in the air. planted a few crosses at crash sites too...
sad.gif
sucks.. its life.

Sucks that that happened. Maybe he had it coming, maybe he didn't, but it still sucks. Give your boy the best explanation you see fit.

im really startin to think they should make motorcycle safety courses mandatory for riders under 30.i know kids about the same age that i know the same thing is gonna happen to them the way they ride but at that age you think youre invincible.

I know that knee-dragging and wheelies are beyond my ability on a Busa now... and after hearing this story and seeing people crash from wheelies, I'll be keeping both wheels on the ground. It's not worth it.

I feel bad for his family and friends. It's a shame that they might come to learn their son died from trying a stunt. If the police are investigating the crash, the truth of why it happened might come out and they'll know he was trying wheelies and lost control.

We all know what can happen on a bike. I don't think anyone on the org is stupid (when it comes to thinking they're invincible on their bike). We ride fully exposed on 2 wheels... of course it's dangerous. But we do it because we love it. In life we do many things that could set us up for heartbreak or injury... but if we didn't do those things, it wouldn't be living at all. Even though that young man's life ended all too soon at 20, he was having fun and living life at the time. Millions around the world are not so fortunate as we are and will never experience the joy of riding or even a hot meal for that matter. But it's easy for me to try and put things into perspective since I didn't know him. His family/friends must be going through hell.

I say to myself,what if I didnt go out there and talk to them kids,maybe it all wouldn't have happened...[/QUOTE]

Or things were changed enough where there were no other people involved. Thank God your son and/or his friends weren't in his path of destruction. From your description and that article, he must have been flying.
sad.gif

RIP to the fallen rider. I lost 2 friends on bikes this year, 3 last year, 1 before. I've learned to deal, and the best weay for me to cope is to do a burnout at the gravesite and leave the smell of rubber in the air. planted a few crosses at crash sites too...
sad.gif
sucks.. its life.
wow! That is unreal. Man..that's got to be tough dude..

hogger...

sad.gif
sucks.. its life.
wow! That is unreal. Man..that's got to be tough dude..

hogger...
you have no idea. I rode back to a funeral last week for my buddy Giovanni... 1850 miles round trip.. 36 hours. I was a mess riding there, and had to leave early or else i was going to lose it and I had to get back to Connecticut.

Back