1st ticket

RENO911

Registered
So, there i was, coming out from a chinese resturant going back to work, when i just decided to "get on it" there wasn't any traffic on the service road so i said to myself.."WTH" Kicked it up to about 100 in those few short seconds and i just happened to be looking at the trailers on the left when i saw him hit the lights and motion over. At that point i decided it's not worth maybe running so i hit the flashers and pulled over. He let me get my helmet and gloves off and start walking back to his car when he asked if i knew why i was pulled over. Hmmm, good question, kinda like, "Do you want fries with that"..lol, i said "sure, i was being stupid" He kinda looked at me and asked if i knew how fast i was going. again..hmmm So i said i couldn't really tell, it was rapidly accelerating so i guess about 90-95? He said "wow, thanks for being honest, i clocked ya at 61" So, long story short.. i got a ticket for 61 in a 45. Now the huge question, it's obvious i am not gonna fight it, i was wayyyyyy wrong. but, what is better, just paying it or taking the defensive driver's course, which i hear you can do online. The ticket is $168 bucks and the DD is about $103. Anyways, thanks for hearing me out, and lemme know what ya'll think. Bryan

Have a lawyer drop it to a non moving, so as not to have any points taken off your license.

dam thats weak for a ticket 16 over. i guess thats what busa does it speeds
laugh.gif
sorry its been 3 weeks since i been stopped for a 55 in a 80. fight it

I got a ticket up here in north texas...i took the drivers course .. $25 bucks and payed the "court fee" what ever that is $90...it was either that or pay the $240 ticket and get it on my record....take the course...its only a saturday you miss out on and the ticket "goes away"

Take the DD course, it normally ends up being more than the ticket when its all said and done. But it only took me 20mins online to complete it. No hassle and quick with no pts or insurance hike!

just paying it or taking the defensive driver's course, which i hear you can do online[/QUOTE]
Cali Math:
I paid my ticket ($127), took the online course ($110) and cut and pasted the answers to the questions from an on-line cheat sheet in 20 minutes. Saved $175/year x 5 years on the insurance. Your mileage may vary.

<!--EDIT|newmill
Reason for Edit: None given...|1136350013 -->

That was cool that he did that for you. It would have cost you a lot more otherwise. That is one of those I would be happy to just go ahead and pay.

Personally I would fight it, but giving that you gave the LEO a good reason to remember you by I would stick to taking the DD course and avoid the points of your DL...Good luck
biggrin.gif

Sounds like you have a few options - so take a few days and think about it. Sounds like a good deal if you have options that dont hurt your insurance. Minnesota has no such "Get Lucky" program, not sure why, but we dont. Speaking of that, what states offer multiple options like DD course, or internet test
rock.gif

Get a lawyer,he will continue it till the officer doesnt make it to court,then he'll say "we're ready for trial your honor" and with the officer not present, he'll then say "motion to dismiss your honor" game over.You paid for an attorney, but there will be no points on your license and therefore no high insurance premiums or possibly getting dropped.:;):

Get a lawyer,he will continue it till the officer doesnt make it to court,then he'll say "we're ready for trial your honor" and with the officer not present, he'll then say "motion to dismiss your honor" game over.You paid for an attorney, but there will be no points on your license and therefore no high insurance premiums or possibly getting dropped.:;):
I think every state works a little differently on this matter. In Minnesota, an officer is paid overtime to appear in court - Usually Double time. Also, the officer typically get the whole day off to attend, makes double time for a full working shift while only having to appear in court for 45 minutes. Not a bad deal for the officer, so why would the officer pass up double time for 8 to 12 hour shift, and only have to appear in court for 45 minutes + or - maybe 30 minutes and get the rest of the day off paid?

Like I said, I think it depends on the state and the Department. Also, if you admit you were doing 90+ mph, and the officer wrote you a coupon for only 10 mph over, why drag that officer into court? Don't you think that officer might take that as a slap in the face? Do you think you will never run into that officer again? If you admited your guilt than your guilty...right? Don't you think the Officers testimony will hold up in court, and don't you think the judge hasn't seen hundred's of other people do exactally what your doing
rock.gif

Anything you say to the Officer is testimony, and will most likely hold up in court. Not saying what you did is wrong, infact I think admiting your guilt, was the right thing to do in your situation, but why did admit your guilt to the officer if you had any intentions of taking this issue to court
rock.gif

rock.gif

don't fight it in court, a lawyer can have it reduced to a non-moving violation with reduced fine...you pay lawyer's fees (usually fixed cost) and don't have to go to school. It's all a revenue game.

Good Luck!

Okay plead guilty BUT get the judication withheld.If you dont, you'll pay dearly come insurance renewal time.

I haven't decided anything yet valium, just curious about what others would do or "have done" Unfortunately i'm one of those people that tells the truth especially if i get my hand caught in the cookie jar...lol In fact i think my only saving grace was when i told my wife i got the ticket and she didn't blow up. Only due to the fact that when she picked me up from the airport a couple weeks ago coming back from Iraq, she got pulled over and got a ticket as well...LMAO. But, the deputy wrote on the back, husband returning from iraq...on the way home from airport. for the judge to read. So, i told her...now we're even...lol. I'm gonna sit on this for a couple of days and ponder. Thanks for all the reply's. Bryan

In NY I always over pay by $5 and when I get my over payment (check) sent to me I throw it out transaction not complete no points on my record. The only place this dont work is in nassau county as they just keep the extra money and dont even say thanks.

dam thats weak for a ticket 16 over. i guess thats what busa does it speeds
laugh.gif
sorry its been 3 weeks since i been stopped for a 55 in a 80. fight it
You may want to review this... or you might end up getting another love note from your local LEO.

laugh.gif

+1 on the course - if you're not planning on fighting anything.

laugh.gif

Back