1st post, soon to own...

mikeonbike1962

Registered
Hey all Mike here from orlando. I'm another "almost" old fart who appreciates the busa and can "possibly" afford to have one. I got over vtwins a while back when I bought my valkyrie. The shape of a busa is just plain sexy ( and since i'm not, folks will say "how'd he end up with that... so odd!"). Now for the question:

Since used busa's are priced all around the price of a closeout 2007, whi would I buy used when I can buy new? I'm looking @7995 in the carolinas. So where else are they running closeout sales?

Hey, I know that this sucks to guys who have to sell, but such is retail.

mike

welcome.gif
to the site, and good luck in buying a NEW BIKE
thumb_up.gif

hello.gif

The 08s are popping up all over and they have 1 at the dealer here... the remaining 07's are already $1200 here in town. Call around and i'm sure they will be willing to work with you to sell an 07 at a good price.

welcome.gif
to the board...a lot of the used bikes have various mods already done which the owners think is going to bring more money...unless you can find a bike already set up exactly how you want it from a seller you know and trust, i would buy new...then, you can make it the way you want it and you know the bike hasn't been mistreated, raced, dropped, etc. unless you do it
beerchug.gif

welcome.gif
to the board...a lot of the used bikes have various mods already done which the owners think is going to bring more money...unless you can find a bike already set up exactly how you want it from a seller you know and trust, i would buy new...then, you can make it the way you want it and you know the bike hasn't been mistreated, raced, dropped, etc. unless you do it
beerchug.gif
+1 and welcome.

Used sport bikes are for guys that like to work... for 7200 I would buy a new 07 myself (amazing price btw)

thanks all, you guys are mighty responsive.  I've been on the suzuki intruder (intruderalert), vtxoa, a few valkyrie boards (still own the greatest cruiser).  

After looking at eaby (host vendors may be able to match... haven't checked) I'm in for about $1,200 to $1,500 of upgrades.  I do my own stunts so there is no labor involved. The usual: lowering kit, stretch, pipes, chrome wheel swap, and the relentless frame polish.

45 years old and it's hard to sleep at nights!

mike

Welcome to the org, you should be able to find a deal on a new 07, keep looking and post up some pics when you get her home!
beerchug.gif

45 isn't old. I'll be 42 in couple weeks. Welcome to the Busa world, man! Have fun.

If you get a gen 1 Busa, you're going to be able to find some great prices out there! Not mine, though. I ain't sellin'!!!

--Wag--

welcome.gif
to the board and good luck on the purchase. I would suggest new with the pricing the way it is, or just go for an 08!
beerchug.gif

Back