Soon to be Busa owner

mosley1990

Registered
Hello everyone,

I'm looking into buying a busa around the start of 2012. I am looking for some advice. Are there things I should try to avoid? Certain years, excessive mileage, certain mods? Also, I'm already trying to imagine what mods to do :) . Any recommendations for a tall and heavy guy?

1. Rectifier Recall (post # 21 here): https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gen-...012-rectifier-recall-notice-came-today-2.html

photo-14.jpg

2. Clutch Bolts (08 only?): https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gen-ii-busa-information/108236-service-bulletin-hayabusa-b-king.html
Service+Bulletin+04+06+09+re1240904561.jpg

3. Ignition Wire Recall (08 only?): Safety Recall Campaign #2A05 http://www.bikeland.org/misc/busa/k8_gsx1300r_recall.pdf
Model Year: 2008
Models affected: GSX-1300RK8
NHTSA Campaign Number: 08V249000
Potential Units Affected: 9109
Problem: American Suzuki is recalling 9,109 model year 2008 GSX1300R motorcycles. Improper routing of the ignition switch wiring harness can cause a bent portion of the wiring harness to flex rather than slide when the handlebar is moved from right to left or left to right. Repeated side-to-side movement of the handlebar, and flexing of the bent portion wiring harness, can eventually cause the ignition switch lead wires to become cut or broken. This can result in intermittent or complete loss of electrical power, which can result in loss of lighting and/or stalling of the engine, increasing the risk of a crash.

Corrective Action: Dealers will inspect the ignition switch lead wire routing. If the lead wire harness is incorrectly routed, dealers will replace the lower portion ignition switch (which contains the ignition switch lead wires) and make sure that the wiring harness is properly routed. The recall began on June 10, 2008. Owners may contact American Suzuki at 1-800-255-2550

Glad you recommended the Buell footpeg mod haha. I'm 6'3-6'4 and was worried about having enough room. How does the room compare to the 09 CBR1000rrs? I will definitely have to make sure to take care of all the recalls too. What is considered a lot of miles for a busa?

:welcome: :welcome: :welcome: to the Org! You do a search on this forum for anything and 95% of the time you will find the answer. If not, just post your ? and someone will be more than happy to help you! :rulez: are :rulez: and after you ride the bike home we want pic's! ! ! :laugh:

What is considered a lot of miles for a busa?

depends on the owner.....a few guys here have over 70,000 miles on their bikes. So with proper care/maintenance, Busa engines can/will last as long as you want it to.

As soon as i get one there will be many, many picutres posted lol.

That's comforting to know that these bikes can last so long. With such an expensive bike, it's hard to find a low mileage used bike haha. (Not in the situation to buy a new bike, still in college and can only work part time right now)

:welcome::welcome::welcome: to the org, man you can find a good II Gen for a decent price. the body style is the same 08 or newer, just different colors.

That's comforting to know that these bikes can last so long. With such an expensive bike, it's hard to find a low mileage used bike haha. (Not in the situation to buy a new bike, still in college and can only work part time right now)

I am 6ft 7 with a 38in inseam, am I really missing out on the buell peg mod, I can ride and ride the onlything that gets sore is my ass.

Actually in my area anyway the Busa is several thousand dollars cheaper than the 600, 750, and 1000 cc bikes. They're a great buy all around and a perfect bike, especially for grown fellas :laugh:

:welcome: to the oRg :thumbsup: I'm gonna say go with a Gen II in 2012. It has most of the mods people added to the Gen I s incorporated at the factory, oh and a stroked out motor that's crazy. Just shop around. Out of the three recalls on the Gen II mine got the rectifier, but never gave me a minutes trouble. 3 years old and 18K on the clock when I had it replaced. Still running the original battery.

Has anyone warned you about the Black / Fastest Busi :whistle:

I think the first post I did before I got my Busa was about if the bike would fit me, I'm 6ft 2 and 270lbs and it fits me perfect. And welcome to the org it's an amazing place.

Im 6' fits me perfectly,ive got a bmw rr1000 and i love it BUT only go short distancses with it ,i dont think that there are many other bikes (that can do what the busa does )that are as comfortable as the busa,like i saidCOMFORTABLE.:bowdown:

How does the room compare to the 09 CBR1000rrs?

Just awhile back we had my son's 2010 CBR1000RR and my 05 Busa side by side then got a tape measure out to confirm what i was seeing . the 1k is taller at the bars , seat and top of the tank . The 1k has MORE seat to peg distance yet the 1k's peg to ground clearance is more than the Busa. The 1k is just taller.

The reach to the bars of the 1k is shorter than the Busa so the Busa seems longer when sitting on it but the bars are low. Feels more like <in> for a sitting position than <on> the 1k. Make sense ? My Busa has a Puig race screen that helps that feeling and i'm 6'3 , long from hips to shoulders and sit on 1/4 of the Busa rear seat going down the road.

A guy can road trip any bike but the Busa wins vs anything that could be done to the 1k in terms of wind protection. I wish they were built higher off the ground like late liter bikes but Suzuki doesn't ask me before production anymore. :laugh:

Back