New (soon to be owner)

ArmyBusa08

Registered
Hey everyone... new to the board here. I'm currently deployed overseas to Iraq for the third time and figured hell... I'm making some money and you can't take it with you so why not treat myself to a nice brand new shiny bike that I can fully own. So, with that in mind I e-mailed some local dealers and I now have a 2008 Charcoal/Black Hayabusa waiting for me with my name on it. I plan on having some things done to it while I'm still here so its all ready to go for me when I get home in August. I'm paying the full price in cash so I can drive it out the door with everything in my name. Some things I'm planning... (let me know if they are worth it)...

Two Brother's Titanium Slip On Cans
Zero Gravity Smoked Windscreen (When available)
Power Commander III USB w/ shop dyno tuning (including break-in)
Miscellaneous dress parts to clean up the look a little bit

How does all that sound? Anything anyone can recommend instead of those or perhaps impart some wisdom on the subject? I can't wait to get home to my bike (its just about all I think about). Anyways, I'm glad to be here (hayabusa.oRg that is) and I look forward to learning just about everything there is to know about my bike before I throw my leg over it.

-Dustin

Dustins_busa_004.jpg

Welcome to the board!!

Totally awesome get home gift to yourself!! I might consider a full system myself rather than just slip-ons

To take care and be safe over there!

When is your tour over?

Congrats and welcome! Thanks for your service, as well. Aftermarket is still catching up, so who knows what will dominate when you get back. All that you have listed sound pretty good, though.

Sounds cool, Dustin,

Thanks for your service - come home safe.

You only got one so keep it close to the ground.......

welcome.gif
newbie.gif
when you get home enjoy and be safe. You now own the worlds fastest bike ( black/charcoal BUSA )
Thanks for serving and get home safe soon.

Welcome to the addiction!! You may be looking to get TWO BROTHER'S slip ons but you will find much more than two brothers(or sisters) on this site. Thanks for your service.
thumb_up.gif
thumb_up.gif
shake.gif

thumb_up.gif

I'm working on my 8th month of a 15 month tour, so we are expected to be home sometime in August (Which means that the weather should be near perfect for riding
laugh.gif
)

Mr Bogus... funny you mention that because I've been cruising the boards for the last couple hours (its almost 2 am here), and after reading about the PCIII and exhausts, I think I've changed my mind over to the R77 system from Yoshi. It looks sweet (thanks war) and its a light full system. Plus I like the sound of it (again, thanks war). I'm partial to the dual exhaust look, but I think I can forgo that once since it appears I can get a full system for the money I was going to spend on slip ons and a PCIII. Plus I may be able to save a couple bucks on the dyno tune also.

I paid a little bit more for my bike, but I didn't expect a sweet deal since I did almost all my dealings through e-mail. I was impressed though when my dealer sent me the pictures of my bike. I'm getting a 10% discount on all parts (which eats the tax and a little of the actual cost) and I'm getting 15% off on labor. Overall I'm getting the bike for 13,167.67 out the door. I bought it in Washington so tax is pretty steep, but (I'm sure he hustled me on this too) he said I'm not paying shipping and freight (or whatever the excess charges were). Its probably a bit much, but I'm willing to pay it (in cash to boot). I'm going to try to get a jacket and helmet out of them for free for buying a new bike, is that to much to ask? It all remains to be seen though. I might be able to finagle a better deal since I have nothing on paper yet.

Dustin

Welcome to the family man good luck with the bike and mods and hurry home and thanks for keeping this country safe brother

joe

Let me be the guy that says hold up on the PC. I'm in the service as well so i wont short you there. I would recommend that you get used to the bike. Keep the PC and the filter for later times! You'll have something to look foward to when your disapointed that you got smoked by a gen 1.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Just my opinion, If you go all out then you have nothing to look foward to upgrade. See ya on the roads when you get back. Be safe and COME HOME!!!

laugh.gif

I'm working on my 8th month of a 15 month tour, so we are expected to be home sometime in August (Which means that the weather should be near perfect for riding  
laugh.gif
)

Mr Bogus... funny you mention that because I've been cruising the boards for the last couple hours (its almost 2 am here), and after reading about the PCIII and exhausts, I think I've changed my mind over to the R77 system from Yoshi. It looks sweet (thanks war) and its a light full system. Plus I like the sound of it (again, thanks war). I'm partial to the dual exhaust look, but I think I can forgo that once since it appears I can get a full system for the money I was going to spend on slip ons and a PCIII. Plus I may be able to save a couple bucks on the dyno tune also.

I paid a little bit more for my bike, but I didn't expect a sweet deal since I did almost all my dealings through e-mail. I was impressed though when my dealer sent me the pictures of my bike. I'm getting a 10% discount on all parts (which eats the tax and a little of the actual cost) and I'm getting 15% off on labor. Overall I'm getting the bike for 13,167.67 out the door. I bought it in Washington so tax is pretty steep, but (I'm sure he hustled me on this too) he said I'm not paying shipping and freight (or whatever the excess charges were). Its probably a bit much, but I'm willing to pay it (in cash to boot). I'm going to try to get a jacket and helmet out of them for free for buying a new bike, is that to much to ask? It all remains to be seen though. I might be able to finagle a better deal since I have nothing on paper yet.

Dustin
Hey man I was just thinking! If you haven't signed or anything yet so your not locked in to anything.

Just an idea.

Since your paying cash. Your options are great.

Just for kicks, look around at some slightly used bikes already all pimped out.

for that kind of money you can get a BAD BUSA!

On a financial side, let somebody else eat that initial depriciation.

no matter what you get your gonna love it.
lol1.gif

I recommend looking at the carbon fiber cans instead of the titanium. The CF look absolutely SICK on the '08 charcoal/black. And...the sound...music to your ears!

Bellissimo!

Welcome to the board, thanks for your service, and come home safe, soon.

08_Busa_2Bros_CF__Right_Side_2_.jpg

Back