New (soon to be owner)

hello.gif
Welcome to the oRg.
Hope you get home soon and enjoy your new toy..........

IMG_0008.JPG

Welcome to the oRg, glad to have you, and thank you very much for what you do. Come home safe brother and you will have to post more pics when you get her home.
beerchug.gif

welcome.gif
newbie.gif
Congrats, I agree with the above statements, dealing with cash, you can definitely get a better deal. Buy it stock, ride it for a while, and then do your mods. That way you can tell the difference when do them. Take care, and be safe, thank you for what you're doing.

After doing much reading, I think all I'm going to go for as far as performance goes is the exhaust, which is also a major factor in the looks department as well. I'm going to hold off on the PCIII since it seems the K8 ECU is really adaptive to freer flowing exhaust. Everything else will be cosmetic such as the windscreen, etc... Although nothing is on paper yet, I've put down $500 non refundable just to ensure the bike is there waiting for me since they sell really fast in my area. I want my bike to be there the day that I arrive, I'm impatient. So, after the exhaust and I get used to riding it like that, then a new filter would be the next logical "upgrade?" Thanks again everyone, and I look forward to learning more!

-Dustin

Hey Dustin,

Welcome to the group. I'm on this board everyday. It's awesome the things I've learned.

I just got an orange/black '08. Traded in my '06 and so far I love it! Haven't ridden much---too much cold, ice & snow here in Rochester, NY. Anyways, I just order Two Brothers slip ons (stainless). I just wanted to boost up the sound. Standard pipes make it sound like a sno-mobile (IMO). You and your brothers stay safe over there, and get home soon. You know you got a rocket waiting for you!!!!

Welcome to the board and all the info you need should be here somewhere. I would deffinately get a helmet and other stuff thrown in on the bike if you are paying cash. I drove over 100 miles to get my bike because the dealer treated me right and gave me the best price on my 06 LE. He also threw in a shoei helmet, T shirts, put on my steel brake lines for free and paid me top retail price for my trade in bike. It pays to shop around. Take care and stay safe over there.
beerchug.gif
thumb_up.gif

welcome to the org. you can find anything you want to know here. you didn't say what past riding experience you had , and this is a "land -rocket" so be extra careful especially on the new tires. be safe ,and thanks for everything you and your brothers and sisters are doing for the rest of us,.
thumb_up.gif

Back