Soon to be owner from italy

irene

Registered
Hi everyone
I'm new here so I'll introduce myself

I'm Irene, I'm 27, from Italy... I've just sold my Honda VTR1000F (SuperHawk) and I'm saving money to buy a beautiful '04 Busa from a friend - it's silver and blue.. I'm just drooooooooling :-)
If everything is ok, I should save enough money in the next few months and get my hands on the bike in early December or sooner - I'll keep you posted.

I live in Torino, Italy - where we had the winter olympics in february. There are lots of hills, mountains etc... just 1-hour out of town... the seaside is about 2 hours from here, too... so riding here is pretty much wonderful.
In the past I've owned a Kawi ER-5, a Honda Hornet 600, a Ducati Supersport 1000 DS, and the Honda Superhawk. I'm the only bike rider in my family - I just sort of had an epiphany some years ago: I was in my car, in a huge traffic jam, and I just thought.... hey I wanna ride bikes! what am I doing in a car?! so I just got my license and started riding :-) I can't remember how many times I dropped the bike in my very few riding lessons.. the riding school had this old Honda CB500 and I guess I must have dropped it a thousand times :-) but then again, time goes by, miles go by, it gets easier, it becomes second nature, and before you know it, you're hooked for life :-)
In Italy there are not many women who ride bikes, I guess that right now women make up for about 5% of all bikers, not more. anyway it's becoming increasingly common these days, which is a good thing.

What else? I'm a young medical doctor, and currently I'm a first-year resident in anaesthesia and intensive care. I love running, scuba diving, mountaineering... I love reading, going to the movies, playing with my dog (a 7-month golden retriever, Stella).

this is it - long post, but I really wanted to introduce myself. I'll keep you posted and let you know when I actually bring the 'Busa home, in a few months from now.

meanwhile
enjoy your ride
:-)
Irene

162919.jpg

Welcome to the insanity! We have had a few riders in Italy before, but not sure if anyone posts from there now. Good luck on the purchase. You'll love it.

Welcome and if I may ask...where did you aquire your excellent English skills?

<!--EDIT|newmill
Reason for Edit: None given...|1154288022 -->

hi everyone again

newmill: thanks! it wasn't hard to learn it.. I've always loved foreign languages, and English is my favorite. I studied it in high school, and then... I traveled a lot whenever I could afford it, and many times I chose to go the UK or USA... I've got many foreign friends and we keep in touch with emails in English.. I love to read all sorts of books in English (from literature to medical textbooks)... just lots of small things that all add up to a quick and painless way of learning. I guess if you like things they just come easier :-)

Well, your grammer is much better than most of the posts I read.

What is the terrain like in and around where you live?
Are there many motorcycles on the road?

There must have been an event that prompted you to start thinking about having your own bike. Not sure if being stuck in traffic is when most people start considering it, but hey; whatever it takes to get you there.

I love the sense of power the Busa brings. By nature, a motorcycle brings a sense of freedom. Now you factor in the feeling of complete control and power the Hayabusa offers, and it's an incredible combination. I could never see myself riding another type of bike.

Good luck to you and your purchase. You are getting an awesome machine.

Take care,
Bill

Welcome to our world. I love my Busa and you will too. Just be careful on it.

Welcome to a great place Irene.Good luck on getting your Busa,please stay in touch with the forum,as you will learn lots here and make new friends...
Ooh and...I'm a first-year resident in anaesthesia [/QUOTE]

You can "Put me under" any time!!!  
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|brendanp
Reason for Edit: None given...|1154293207 -->

Welcome to a great place Irene.Good luck on getting your Busa,please stay in touch with the forum,as you will learn lots here and make new friends...
Ooh and...I'm a first-year resident in anaesthesia

You can "Put me under" any time!!!  
biggrin.gif
[/QUOTE]
Don't scare her off yet

Welcome to the Site
beerchug.gif

Last rode in your area when I picked up my Duc 998 several years ago
tounge.gif

Again :::: Welcome to Busaland
wink.gif

I'd love to see pics of the area around you, good luck getting your busa!!

Welcome to the madness.

Welcome, Irene. I once travelled through Italy (Milan, Venice , Florence, Rome, Island of Vulcano and Sicily). Wonderful country. My brother lived in Rome for a year and my friend and neighbor is from Rome.

Lei prenderà molta attenzione qui dagli uomini. Ci non sono molte donne qui sull'Organizzazione.

Welcome! Make sure to post up pics of the scoot that you plan on buying! Also, say hello to Valentino for us
smile.gif

Back