New to the forum ... soon to be owner

TROUBLED WINE

Registered
Howdy ya'all,

I've been lurking here for a couple of weeks and thought I'd wait until I had the keys to the '06 Black/Silver Hayabusa I plan on buying, but it seems that may not happen until August/September. So what the hell, I'll introduce myself now.

This is one helluva community you've got here and this board is a great resource.

A little bit about me:

I've been riding motorcycles for a little more than 18 years. I'm a 38 year old computer admin.
type.gif
from the Chicago suburbs. I started riding when a friend and I bought a used KZ150 enduro out of the paper together at the age of 12. It took about 3 months before our parents found out that neither one of us was just "storing" it for a friend, and that ended that pretty darn quick.
down.gif

9 years later I got bitten by the Harley bug, before it became a big Hollywood fad, and bought the love of my life; an '89 Softail custom. I rode that girl everywhere. Here's a pic of her and I after coming home from the Wisconsin Dells in 1990.

90,000 miles later, she's still my daily driver! Here's a pic of her from 2003 after I bought her some new saddlebags, seat and handlebars.

So, how'd I get here, and seduced to the dark side? Well 3 years ago a friend bought a GSXR750, "as a toy", and I kind of liked the way it looked.
rock.gif

This lead to me sneaking late at night, under the cover of darkness, to the Suzuki web site to ogle pics of the rice rockets like this:

However I quickly found the 1300 Hayabusa and it was love at first sight!

I've been in denial ever since but this year no more, after 17 years of chrome, denim and leather
pirate.gif
, it's time for a change! I want a toy!
super.gif

I'm in the process of getting the funds together to bring my new baby home. I've been contemplating selling my car
idea3.gif
(priorities folks, priorities). But anyway, I hope to be an owner soon, and thanks to this site, she certainly won't stay stock for long!

Welcome to the insanity, bro! Nice HD, hope you're gonna keep her! BTW, no rice rockets here, we prefer the term Land Missile.
smile.gif
tounge.gif

And be sure to post pics when you bring home the new Busa!!!

Back