1st argument over gear

Hmmm, ask Manny what he thinks.:whistle:

A few minutes later...I wonder what his face would have looked like with no helmet:poke:

IMG_3991.jpg

BentValve was wearing a full face Arai when he got in his wreck. He hit face first. His neck is fine and he's still alive and walking.

Goes with the loud pipes saves life thing. Trying to come up with a socially accpetable excuse for doing something not typically socally acceptable. One guy that used to work for me said the same thing. "Loud Pipes Save Lives" and "Helmets Kill." I have a loud pipe, but its because I like the performance and don't care if it annoys people. Why not just be honest?

And don't use your cell phone at the gas station because it'll explode.

The guy is an idiot. What did he say when you presented the fact that his face would probably be like this:

1accident156.jpg

I'm sure we've all seen the pic of the gentleman with no jaw thanks to his small skull cap. I won't post the picture but it's out there is you want to see it.

It may be possible but you would probably have to land just right but then again anything is possible. ill stict to my full face:thumbsup:

I'm sure we've all seen the pic of the gentleman with no jaw thanks to his small skull cap. I won't post the picture but it's out there is you want to see it.

I've seen that one... :puke:

I used to wear a DOT half shell when I had my Marauder. I even tried to get into that whole "it's all about freedom" and "loud pipes save lives" crap while riding with no jacket or what I now consider a real helmet. Eventually, I came to my senses and realized that those guys are just a bunch of morons.
Like DO3 said, my chin is probably half an inch from the front of my Shoei, so I'm not too worried about breaking my neck like that. I'm more concerned about the truck or van that turns out and is too tall for me to Superman over. That's a neck breaker.

While we are talking about gear. Today I saw 9 cops in a 8 mile stretch of highway....2 were motorcycle cops, what stuck out was that neither had protective gear on other than Boots and a 1/2 helmet. Is this common among motorcycle cops? If so why?

While we are talking about gear. Today I saw 9 cops in a 8 mile stretch of highway....2 were motorcycle cops, what stuck out was that neither had protective gear on other than Boots and a 1/2 helmet. Is this common among motorcycle cops? If so why?

I have no idea why... Here are some of our troopers. The cops that I've seen on sportbikes always have full gear. Busa 159 where are you?

THP Motorcycles.jpg

When i went down last week i hit on my left shoulder and cracked a rib with my fist tucked under my chest. Then i rolled 360 twice. Afterwards i wondered why i didnt have any pain in my neck as my head had to have bounced back a few times. My conclusion is that i had on a riding jacket with one of those humps on the back. I believe it acted like a shock collar and kept my head and helmet from snapping back. Since that was my first jacket with such a hump i had asked a few members about it and they said it was for aerodynamic purposes. Maybe, but like i said, i believe it saved me from a neck injury.
So, helmet and the hump:thumbsup:

:laugh:My hump, my hump, my lovely...well you know....:rofl:

My first crash I went head first, I'll have to dig up the pictures but had I not been in a full face I would be in terrible shape. I bet this is the same guy that would jabber on about reduced vision with a full face helmet too. There is no fixing this condition its called "stupid"

Don't think I would have wanted to take on the sign I hit with my helmet at 60mph with my face. I'm not that good lookin to start with!:laugh:

IMG00290.jpg

So i was at the tattoo shop the other night looking at some more ink, and there was an older gentleman there on his "chopper". He looks at me new shiny Shoei RF-1000 and tells me that its "not a good idea to wear a full face helmet". well that struck me as odd. so i ask why not. "because if you fall face first you will hit the ground and be paralized from the neck down" was his response. i take a look at his helmet and see that he has one of those plastic novelty helmets. i said "well if i had that thing on and i go down, my face would probably be stretched for 30 yards" I assume that he has been riding longer than I and is at least 2x my age. but it struck me off guard that someone would think no helmet was safer than a full face. i seriously pondered about that for the next 2 days. he was actually the 2nd one to tell me that that day but the first to give a reason.

...i dont know what to think....

Dont bother thinking about it..Hes and idot....Sorry but im a strong beleaver in full face helmet at all times :thumbsup:

When i went down last week i hit on my left shoulder and cracked a rib with my fist tucked under my chest. Then i rolled 360 twice. Afterwards i wondered why i didnt have any pain in my neck as my head had to have bounced back a few times. My conclusion is that i had on a riding jacket with one of those humps on the back. I believe it acted like a shock collar and kept my head and helmet from snapping back. Since that was my first jacket with such a hump i had asked a few members about it and they said it was for aerodynamic purposes. Maybe, but like i said, i believe it saved me from a neck injury.
So, helmet and the hump:thumbsup:

:laugh:My hump, my hump, my lovely...well you know....:rofl:

Funny, I've always been told the "aerodynamic" hump IS for safety. Keeps you from hyper-extending your neck in a crash.

Back