need some input on this helmet

Scorpions fit small. I need a xxxl in them and i wear xl in icons.

I have that helmet, I LOVE mine. I ordered an XL, had to send it back and get an XXL. Wind noise isn't bad. Fit and finish is great.

Don

webBikeWorld has the best reviews on helmets. One thing that makes their reviews unique is they discuss how helmets fit people with different head shapes.
Scorpion EXO-1000 - webBikeWorld

I only scanned the WBW review, looks kinda mixed, but definitely not negative. I've tried on Scorpion helmets at the motorcycle shows and liked them because they fit my head which is longer front/back, and they note that shape in the WBW review of this helmet.

man after reading the review on that one it totally turns me off of the helmet, but i'm going to try to find some more research on this helmet.....it's such a great deal:thumbsup:

webBikeWorld has the best reviews on helmets. One thing that makes their reviews unique is they discuss how helmets fit people with different head shapes.
Scorpion EXO-1000 - webBikeWorld

I only scanned the WBW review, looks kinda mixed, but definitely not negative. I've tried on Scorpion helmets at the motorcycle shows and liked them because they fit my head which is longer front/back, and they note that shape in the WBW review of this helmet.

also read the review on WBW and almost bought this helmet....until I got to the CONCLUSION of the review:
Conclusion
Let's see: take away the gimmicky air pump and remove the sun face shield, and what do we have? Basically an EXO-700 that weighs about 200 grams more and costs $120.00 more? We think the best deal in the house is the Scorpion EXO-400, a quality helmet which can be had for around $140.00 (solid colors).

The EXO-1000 feels well built, but it has just a wee bit too much of nearly everything. Sometimes simpler is better. That's one rider's opinion; don't forget -- we're not selling the things, so we have no interest other than letting you know how we feel.

For a lot less coin, I ended up with an EXO-700 (clearance sale for under $100 shipped) and like it a lot. All my helmets are MED (Icon, Shoei and Arai) and find the Scorpion sizing to be OK for my head shape/size. To make sure, drop by your local Cycle Gear to try one on.

I have a exo700 and it sucks, spend a lil more get ashoei, suomy, agv, etc... Loud and heavy

From my experience and going by the ones I have they tend to run about 2 sizes small compared to say a Shoei,Arai or Icon. I usually wear L-XL in those 3 depending on whether I want a nice snug fit to keep the grey matter more together if there's a possibility of acting a little foolish or just a nice comfortable fit for regular riding/cruising around. And in the Scorpion & Suomy also to get the same comfortable fit it needs to be a XXL. Get what fits your dome the best and then you can adjust fit more precise by swapping cheek pads if need be.

I got these couple that have only been worn a couple times each if that I don't need and never wear if you care for either of them. Make you a good deal on them. :laugh: Both are XXL.

DSCN0148.jpg

DSCN9509.jpg

DSCN9510.jpg

Absolutely loved mine - had an EXO-700, then a Shoei, then an EXO-1000.

Would still have the 1000 if it weren't for a piece of road construction debris that hit the shield just to the left of center at 70 mph - now have the EXO-1100 and love it.

The fit is small - buy at least one size larger than you would normally expect.

It does fit a size smaller. I have the XL and I wear a large in HJC and AVG. My hat size is a 7 1/4 if that helps your fit question. I don't think the helmet is a EXO 400 for another $120. I like the built in sun visor but it seems a little light on the tint. I think I will put some after market tint to make it a little darker. The inflatable air bags in the cheeks help out with any fitment issues.

My switch from my HJC to Scorpion caused an air percussion problem. I tried three different Shoeis and HJC and AVG and Arai. The chin on my old HJC CL12 dipped down and split the air better. All the other helmets would catch the air and cause a drumming noise in the helmet. I had to fix that problem with a double bubble windshield. I tried a Quiet rider but it was hot in the summer and fogged my visor in the spring and fall.

the flip down visor is what cought my eye plus it's a great deal
I own one and after a while, I get a sore spot right on the crest of my forehead. The flip down visor is OK but I rarely use it. The plastic snaps that hold the chin pieces together on both sides constantly come un snapped. It's been good for a cheap helmet. I think I paid $180 from Paulie1300 at Honda East. It is the Gunmetal Grey one.

im not a scorpion fan but the way i look at it whats your head worth.... i had a friend last summer have his bike come out from under him coming out of a parking lot on gravel at less than 5 mph and a 2 month old helmet cracked when he hit the pavement

Back