190-50 and 190-55

06+5 bussa

Registered
Can some one give me an idea of how much this may affect my speedo and gearing between these tires? 190-50 and 190-55. Thank you

I've run both sizes. With the 190/55 your speedo will be closer to correct than with the stock size. The 190/55 is better if you only ride twisties. The center will flatten out faster in normal street use.

Anybody on here try the 190-55 on a busa?

That is what I run on mine and I like it, Lifts the rear a little for more clearance and suppose to make it tip in better, But I cant tell any difference in that part of it. I just like it for the xtra height in rear.

Can either of you tell a difference in the gearing of it? For example say like i'm 3 up on the rear sprocket and maybe with that tire its more like 2 up.

That is what I run on mine and I like it, Lifts the rear a little for more clearance and suppose to make it tip in better, But I cant tell any difference in that part of it. I just like it for the xtra height in rear.
Thanks for the info. Was thinking of trying that size this go around on my trip to the dragon.Thank you again.....

I've run both sizes. With the 190/55 your speedo will be closer to correct than with the stock size. The 190/55 is better if you only ride twisties. The center will flatten out faster in normal street use.
Not sure i want to give up the extra tire whear to see how i like it lol. Thanks for the info.

Thanks for the info. Was thinking of trying that size this go around on my trip to the dragon.Thank you again.....

You will like it, I love mine at the dragon, And I think that WarbirdII runs one also there. And I really do not see how the 55 tire would wear any faster in the center, I do not think it makes any difference, I am on my second 55 and it seems to have worn the same as the last 3 sets of 50 series tires in the same brand.

I've been using a 190/55 P-Power on mine. Can't really tell any difference in feel or handling, other than there's an annoying 1/8" on both edges of the tire I can't seem to get scrubbed on the street. Never was a problem on a 190/50, so there is some difference it appears.
I'll try a 55 at the track this summer, maybe notice more of the different profile there.

Ok you've talked me into it lol i'll give it a try. Thanks again all for your feed back...... Love this place lol.

I've been using a 190/55 P-Power on mine. Can't really tell any difference in feel or handling, other than there's an annoying 1/8" on both edges of the tire I can't seem to get scrubbed on the street. Never was a problem on a 190/50, so there is some difference it appears.

LOL you too!!!:rofl:

I think Busa rim's are the same size as B-Kings ?

B-Kings come with a 200/50 as standard.
A very common mod is to change to a 190/55.
Works well and really suits the bike.

You will like it, I love mine at the dragon, And I think that WarbirdII runs one also there. And I really do not see how the 55 tire would wear any faster in the center, I do not think it makes any difference, I am on my second 55 and it seems to have worn the same as the last 3 sets of 50 series tires in the same brand.

Macon, your busa is never out of the twisties :laugh: The 55 is more pointed at the center than the 50, so it flattens off quicker if you are doing any distances where the bike is straight up.

The wife and i do ride alot in the summer(when she's not working :( ) But i think i'm still gonna give that size a shot. Thanks again guys for the input.

hi Guys

i have 07 busa. i am willing to get 190/55. can u pls advise on the clearence between the tyre and the head of the swingarm? will this tyre fit and not touch it?

hi Guys

i have 07 busa. i am willing to get 190/55. can u pls advise on the clearence between the tyre and the head of the swingarm? will this tyre fit and not touch it?

I'm using a 190/55 Pilot Power on mine, clears the front of the swingarm with room to spare.:thumbsup:

Back