12 LEDs Inside Headlight - PICS

InfiniteReality

Registered
First off thanks to Scary Jerry for the how to so I could get inside my headlight. I wired 12 white 13000mcd LEDs inside. They're completely hidden from view when they're off or on. While I was inside the upper fairing I wired up my Switchback bulbs to come on as well. I'm waiting till tonight to see what it'll really look like, pictures will follow soon.

SNC11583.jpg

SNC11584.jpg

SNC11589.jpg

SNC11592.jpg

SNC11590.jpg

SNC11600.jpg

SNC11605.jpg

SNC11609.jpg

SNC11617.jpg

You obviously have more than 1 bulb in the front.
Does a single bulb in the front illuminate the entire front end like that?
What do you recommend for a bulb replacement?
Have you ever seen those Halo lights for the Busa?

I'm..........QUESTION MAN!!!!!

(Luvanicebum @ May 25 2007,21:26) You obviously have more than 1 bulb in the front.
Does a single bulb in the front illuminate the entire front end like that?
What do you recommend for a bulb replacement?
Have you ever seen those Halo lights for the Busa?

I'm..........QUESTION MAN!!!!!
All I have a HID low and yellow ion high beam. The pictures are with the HIDs off and that's how it looks. There's 12 LEDs inside the housing to light it up.
smile.gif

HIDs all the way for a recommendation, no comparision.

Yep I've seen the halo's for the bikes, but I've heard of them melting inside so I took a different approach to lighting mine up....and ALOT cheaper.
smile.gif

smile.gif

Here's what Scary Jerry's instructions that I followed to a tee and worked like a charm!

Place your headlight in the oven at 175, but no more than 200 degrees for 8 minutes. Check it for softness (the bonded bead). If not soft and pliable, go another 8 minutes. No more than 15 minutes at 200 degrees is the main point here...

CAUTION - Wear gloves as it will be hot!

Use 2 flat tipped screwdrivers and start prying apart...

Do what ever you intend to do inside the headlight...
(FYI - don't install Angle Eyes - they are fragile and break real easy...)

ADVISE - Don't get your greasy fingers on the inside of the lenses - wear cotton gloves.

When completed - Set the 2 halves together and bake as before. After 8-10 minutes, pull out and Press together. Bake again for no more than 5 minutes to complete the seal.

I'm kinda thinking maybe not lighting up my running lights on the front... Any opinions if I should leave as is or unplug them so they only come on with my HID and not with my other LEDs? BTW, I used diodes so all my LEDs won't come on at night when I turn my HID on.
smile.gif

I finally broke down and took an hour in Visual Basic to make an LED calculator that will calculate the resistor size you need per set of LEDs in series. it'll also calculate the resistor value if you put up to 5 sets of those in parallel as well. I have it almost done, but no way to host it for others to download. Would anyone mind hosting it??

Here's a preliminary screen shot of what I got:
InfiniteLEDz.jpg

Dude, you have got one SERIOUS sickness...
SHOCKED.gif

...but I like it!!
super.gif

How many freakin' batteries you got in that thing?!?
rock.gif

Lol, I just looked at some old pictures of when I installed the HID and the bulb was the same way... Have I had it upside the whole time?

I do like LEDs a little too much....coincidently if you spell my name DEL backwards you get ... LED
super.gif
I only need just stock battery, LEDs draw very little current.
smile.gif

I like those ones that kind of look to be up in the body, where exactly did you put them? Great looking bike by the way!
beerchug.gif

Back