braingetter

Registered
I wired the bike to 6 locations,
(under swingarm on both sides = 12leds,
complete undertail = 12 leds & top rear fairing mesh screen locations=6 leds,
complete right side fairing & left side triple mesh screens= 30 leds
front fender on both sides=12 leds
underneath side fairings to glow the street= 4 leds

I didnt put any up top cuz i dont want that bright glow distracting me while i ride, its plenty bright right now and its just the swingarm hooked up right now.when i take a pic it gets dull looking on the memory card..idk??
020.jpg

Everything is completely in loom , fused by the battery,
009.jpg

and the switch was installed next to the keyhole,
018.jpg

016.jpg

no drilling or brackets necessary..I ran 2 of the circuits pigtailed with the wiring to the power distributor, where the other 4 circuits were junctioned
008.jpg

I put disconnects for the wiring thats going to each side fairing that way i can take them off easily without messing up the wiring. i will daisy chain all 3 locations on the fairing together and sealed up flat to protect the wiring
013.jpg

I started to polish the frame, man that takes alot of sanding and im not even close to being finished..
005.jpg

my bike is almost finished being painted so pretty soon imma update my pics on this thread so i dont have 5 floating around..

i love when people use speaker wire:whistle:

Yes sir for low voltage applications like this with led's 16 gauge will suffice for the load its on, and since I get the rolls of it wholesale because I am in the car audio industry, it probably cost me $1.00 to wire the bike..
Speaker wire is nothing but 2 conductors single jacketed so its all you need..
Im also a journeyman electrician so I know about sizing ampacity to conductors...

So anyone else reads your post dont be discouraged like you"re doing something wrong ....lol...:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Dude clean that thing!

lol, are u kidding me?? I guess u didnt read my post, for 1 its gettin painted so its been torn apart for about 3 weeks gettin dusty and dirty, and I am polishing the frame wetsanding it and its a turd trying to keep it clean so until im finished I aint cleaning NOTHING! pledge will come right before assembly back together, I have all my parts back from paint I'm just trying to finish the polish inbetween the other 100 projects I have... I aint rushing this bike so maybe by the end of the week she will be back on tha scene.. I love this bike...

Back