11' Busa will be my first one.

BusaToBe

Registered
I know its not a good idea, and i have read all the Newbie threads and couldn't agree more with you guys about getting a Busa as a first bike. However, this being said, I Pre-ordered the black/red 2011 model last week. There is only one reason i am doing this, I am not paying for it !! I met a Wonderful girl about 3 months ago and took her for a ride on my friends CBR600 and she fell in love !! Incidentally, that CBR is the 1st street bike i ever rode on and have only been riding it for a week before i met her. Let me start from the beginning. I am 23 years old, and probablly have the same backround as everyone else. Rode dirt bikes since i was a kid, Grew up in the city so more from the police than on the track, had a 125cc at age 13 and a 250cc at age 15. I was barely able to touch the ground on the 250 but again, i got it for free so i had to learn. I remember thinking it couldnt be any different than a 125 and took off down the street doing a wheelie. Un-intentionally, i didn't know if that was a drool or a piss trail behind me. But i learned to respect the bike and ended up getting comfortable on it. Until i let a buddy ride it and it was Bye-Bye bike, he shattered the piston. From about 18-22 i didn't ride any bikes, but this past June a friend of mine was at the bar on his CBR600RR. He's the idiot type and got drunk and wanted to ride his bike home. None of my buddies let him, but no one knew how to ride his bike home. I didn't drink that night so i took his keys and told him I'd get it home for him. WOW was I confused with all the buttons on a street bike !! it took me 20 minutes just to figure out that the bike won't start in 1st gear with the kickstand down. Luckily a seasoned rider saw me struggling and gave me a quick run down of all the controls and a few tips. I drove the bike to my house since it was closer and only stalled it out one time. Not bad for a 20 mile ride. I ended up keeping the bike that whole month since he got arrested that night, No details necessary.. he was drunk. After about two days of riding it i got really comfortable with the machine and started pushing its limits. I was pushing 150 mph on the highway by weeks end. I'm not too big on Speed or would never stunt my bike, But I have a burning desire for the 0-60mph range. I did not like the Off the Line speed of the CBR. I was expecting a lot more torque from it and It bored me within a month. Now that i have to return the bike to my buddy and my girl is really bummed that i can't give her a ride she wants to buy me a machine !! She said any one, make it my dream bike. What other choice did i have ?? They only make one dream bike.. and that's The Hayabusa !! I know i'm not a seasoned rider, and i have MUCH to learn still. I have been through some situations with the CBR though.. i've locked up the wheels breaking.. Put it in neutral instead of 1st on downshifts at stop lights ( 2nd Worst feeling ever).. and Have even been side swiped at 40 mph by a lady doing make up in her mirror and veering into my lane( WORST FEELING EVER !!) I did keep the bike up though, thank god, and Never did drop it. I hope When i Do get the 11' model.. WHENEVER THEY DO FINALLY COME OUT !!.. That i can grow into it and with a little respect for the machine, maybe i won't kill myself in the process.

Last edited:
Throttle control is the only thing that is needed to have a big bike as your first. With the addition of the mode switch on the new bikes, I don't think you will have a hard time with the bike. My first was a 600 and now the Busa. I just don't let myself pull on the throttle hard until after I am out of first. The bike is lowered also, so it makes it hard to pull the front wheel up. Not something I want to do anyway. Congrats on the new bike. You'll love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

welcome. and have fun and ride safe if/when you get the bike. been to any motorcycle safety classes? highly recommend you attend one. also ATGATT (All The Gear, All The Time) for you and this WONDERFUL girl.

Congrats man. I really like the '11 Black Busa. I dont think you'll have any problem with the Busa. Just ride it in C mode till you get comfortable with the throttle. Busa is my first sports bike and gods blessing, I'm doing okay so far. Atleast you have ridden sports bike before, so dont think it'll be much steep learning curve on Busa.
Also I must say you are lucky you love someone whose gonna buy you a Busa. :) Does she have a single sister? ;) :whistle:

:welcome:

To the ORG

Now as for that girlfreind, Im pretty sure I heard her bad talking you, You need to dump her as soon as possible and give her my number. ( I could use a new Bike ) I mean Im just looking out for you brother.

Seriously, Congrats on the Bike and a wonderfull find in a girlfreind. :thumbsup:

Thank you Fellas.. As far as the girl, shes not my girlfriend. I met her on the beach and we hang out all the time, but shes just a really cool girl that happened to stumble into some serious cash when her Aunt died and just has a big heart.. i guess. I didnt even ask her to buy it. One day she just drove me to the dealer and said get one !! She took me to a Kawasaki dealer however, EEWWWW, and i had to correct her and go to Suzuki. Never said she was perfect. All i have to do is give her a ride whenever she asks.. DONE DEAL !! As far as the Safety equipment that was a part of the sale, we pay cash if Helmet, Jacket and Pants are included in the sale. No one knows the MSRP yet so they just asked to put down $5k and they'll get one in as soon as possible !! I Can't Wait !!

Welcome and early congratulations. One word of advise, have lots of respect for your new machine. Be safe and learn how to brake!!

No 11's out yet so you get a pass on those pics, but we still need pics of your girlfriend, you know just to verify your thread.:laugh: Oh yeah:welcome:

First congrats on your be soon to be New Machine. Now with that being said, I have a lot of concern for your safety. The Busa is a bike that will Demand Respect. You joked about not knowing if you left a drool or piss trail behind you. You might want to carry an extra pair of underwear with you because you will surely crap your pants on the Busa....

Seriously, be extra carefull and make sure you and your passenger wear your gear (helmet's, jacket, boots, gloves). Asphalt is unforgiving..... Ride smart, Ride safe...

569fa361-e3cc-a262.jpg

569fa361-e3dd-60a2.jpg

What one of these :8)

Back