MY first BUSA

rdwarrior

Registered
Well I finnaly tried out a different brand of bike since im a yamaha guy my self (had 23 bikes since 1973), but since yamaha does not make a sport GT bike I was going to buy a ZX14 in black and rip off the kawasaki decals and put bullet decals all over it,BUT I was very ,very dissapointed in the way the bike looks in person,the feel was not for me, it also feels very plasticy,cheep.I sat on it several times, stared at it for awhile and my finnal conclusion was its butt UGLY, period! So since I rode in on a new red 06 FZ1 I was about to ride back out, but I seen the pearl white limited edition BUSA sitting in the corner and I really liked the bike,its a beautiful color for the bike and since my wife rides a silver FZ1 and I also have a black 05 road star silverado with the patrick raceing "110" big bore kit in it, the pearl white BUSA is the same color as my wifes hyndai and almost the same color as my titan, So I traded in thee 06 fizzy for the BUSA. I love it, but got two questions, one is, what is the best riser kit for it, im 5"6" and I definitly want risers, are the genmar , or heli bar risers the best?and what about the head lights, they really are pale next to any of my other bikes, I need more lighting? Any suggestions, I only got 100 miles on my new babby and getting use to the heavier handing in the very slow tight turnes compared to any of my fizzys.I already have on order a center stand kit,TRE from ivan performance, Ill be on the forum for alot of info on this amazing bike, Im so glad I didnt get the Zx14 ,I would have been dissapointed in the looks department, the busa is a piece of motorcyling art with out the front end extended,LOL.
newbie.gif

Welcome to the maddness and the torqe and power out way the heavy felling and with the right suspension setup you will fell comfy. Search the posts for the suspension set ups and you will find alot of good things to get you running faster in the twisties on the Busa. Do the same search for the risers, some guys make there own and work just fine. Have fun and congrats.
beerchug.gif

welcome where do you live? I think i've seen your busa in the shores. i ride with some guys local if you want to meet up on sunday. let see some pic's

i use both the heli bars and genmar.
if i was using one i would get the heli bars or busa bills risers
there is also reaper risers

Well thanks for the warm welcome
firedevil.gif
, im going on vacation for five days ,we will be camping in georgia, a place called providence canyon state park, or better known as georgia's little grand canyon, we wont be taking the FZ1 or the busa this time around, (the busa aint even braken in yet) just the road star, we will be doing alot of stop and go site seeing and if mama aint happy, NO body will be happy,get the drift. But ill be back tuesday and inhale as much info on the busa as my motor head can.Talk later.I haven't even taken pictures yet, but ill work on it end of next week.
beerchug.gif

I'm sure you'll fall in love with your Busa... Good choice and welcome to one of the best boards i've ever visited! There is no info you can't find around here..

post-52-02136-welcome.gif

Welcome! I tour/ride an '04 Pearl Roadstar. They are awesome bikes. Congrats on the new Busa! My Roadie keeps telling me it wants a Busa for a roommate.
super.gif

Back