10-Year Anniversary Freshen-up

Hey Willie , I reckon you will be first to try out the Corsa Corta , I am going to bank mine till the new AEM carbon lever is ready . I have finished fitting it out in ti , here is a picView attachment 1597265

.View attachment 1597264
Did you paint the letters on the adjustment dial yourself? Also is the gold fastener added or is that the Ti? Looks trick. I might have to steal that look!

Did you paint the letters on the adjustment dial yourself? Also is the gold fastener added or is that the Ti? Looks trick. I might have to steal that look!

Yeah , I did paint the dial , I cant see the letters otherwise . The gold pivot is ti , from raceti uk ( ebay ) , it is hollow drilled , very trick . I have 4 of them , I have always run 2 on my L2 's RCS pumps , with aluminum nut for weight save , from Probolt .
The bleeder is natural ti , the lever bend pivot is natural ti , the mount bolts are natural ti , all of them from Probolt UK , same as your US Probolt . Steal away brother , you need to do this detail upgrade !!

Last edited:
Well to most of us who ride on all kinds of roads , city and countryside , the standard Gen 2 , with some mild mods is an extremely fast motorcycle .

+1,000!

Ali I see guys with super high end bikes and they have all sorts of issues. Complicated control systems, suspension that can bottom and damage the bike or tire, lot's of non-stock parts that only a few dealers can service, etc. You're worried about riding your bike 8 hours to VA, I wouldn't think twice about riding my bike to California (not sure I could make it though, lol). The bike is bullet proof reliable and so flexible and easy to ride it's crazy.

I've had the Busa above 160 mph maybe 10-15 times in 10 years for maybe 30-90 seconds at a time. On the other hand I hit 140 or so on just about every ride. When I ride with guys who race, they win and when we stop everyone talks about my bike and the fit and finish of the aftermarket parts. Of course I could win, but I'm fine with having the best bike and a license!

To me the Hayabusa's legend is that it is a hyper bike but also a massively awesome do it all bike. The more you specialize it the less amazing the bike gets.

Well to most of us who ride on all kinds of roads , city and countryside , the standard Gen 2 , with some mild mods is an extremely fast motorcycle . I think if you are getting similar hp , to what say @white.Busa and some of the other people are getting out of basically stock tuned Gen 2 , then you should be rightly , pretty happy .
There are going to be some exceptions , ie; drag racers , LSR , hot rodders , that will go for hp increases , but here I am referring to actual street ridden , to back road , canyon carving bikes , like what Arch's Busa build is , and what I also have put together .
Personally imho , if you can actually ride your stock Gen 2 or even 1 to full potential , like for instance @Ac41 (as possibly the best example) rides his Gen 2 , then yes , you could honestly say you need and could use more power . If like me , and you cannot , then any added hp is indeed an ego stroking exercise .... having said that , if my L2 does get breathed on , well I certainly think I will be guilty of stroking the big one for sure !!
This isn't meant to put down anyone , but the facts are this , the Hayabusa in both Gens are fast motorcycles , especially in the real world most of us owners ride , from stop start traffic , to many open road miles , to hard and fast cornering on those wonderful myriad country roads , anyone who doesn't think so , aught to get a day ride on a stocker and refresh oneself on this fact .

I agree 100%, my bike was dyno'd at 186 hp which is more than enough for me...even stock numbers would have been more than enough.

I am over the racing stage and just enjoy cruising the back roads with a little "spirited" riding from time to time and the Hayabusa delivers this with ease.

+1,000!

Ali I see guys with super high end bikes and they have all sorts of issues. Complicated control systems, suspension that can bottom and damage the bike or tire, lot's of non-stock parts that only a few dealers can service, etc. You're worried about riding your bike 8 hours to VA, I wouldn't think twice about riding my bike to California (not sure I could make it though, lol). The bike is bullet proof reliable and so flexible and easy to ride it's crazy.

I've had the Busa above 160 mph maybe 10-15 times in 10 years for maybe 30-90 seconds at a time. On the other hand I hit 140 or so on just about every ride. When I ride with guys who race, they win and when we stop everyone talks about my bike and the fit and finish of the aftermarket parts. Of course I could win, but I'm fine with having the best bike and a license!

To me the Hayabusa's legend is that it is a hyper bike but also a massively awesome do it all bike. The more you specialize it the less amazing the bike gets.
8 hrs is a long trip for me in a CAR with perfect weather.... bear in mind I haven't looked at my overtime for the year but a co worker had over 600 hours for the year.... half of it forced ot.... I spend a lot of time working, the bike is a weekend hot rod toy.... it did what I wanted it to do last season... start every time and not overheat and produce big power.... I had a heck of a time getting the electrical system sorted, it had to be rebuilt almost completely after all non necessary(2-step/keyless entry/HIDs/etc etc...…) electrical accessories were removed... before I start riding it this year its gonna go back to PH for the brakes... a output shaft support plate... an oil change, and some dyno time.... im not quite done with the build yet, im waiting on my retro pay from the state that is supposed to be here.... they owe me more than 10 grand in back pay.

8 hrs is a long trip for me in a CAR with perfect weather.... bear in mind I haven't looked at my overtime for the year but a co worker had over 600 hours for the year.... half of it forced ot.... I spend a lot of time working, the bike is a weekend hot rod toy.... it did what I wanted it to do last season... start every time and not overheat and produce big power.... I had a heck of a time getting the electrical system sorted, it had to be rebuilt almost completely after all non necessary(2-step/keyless entry/HIDs/etc etc...…) electrical accessories were removed... before I start riding it this year its gonna go back to PH for the brakes... a output shaft support plate... an oil change, and some dyno time.... im not quite done with the build yet, im waiting on my retro pay from the state that is supposed to be here.... they owe me more than 10 grand in back pay.

You are missing my point and taking my comments personally. A 400 hp bike requires more love than an OEM bike. All of them do no matter how well built they are. I'm just saying you love the power and you're not seeing that some of us love the dependability and simplicity of a stock engine, especially a stock Busa engine. The more power you add to a bike the more focused it is, that's all I'm saying.

You are missing my point and taking my comments personally. A 400 hp bike requires more love than an OEM bike. All of them do no matter how well built they are. I'm just saying you love the power and you're not seeing that some of us love the dependability and simplicity of a stock engine, especially a stock Busa engine. The more power you add to a bike the more focused it is, that's all I'm saying.
its not the power that is limiting it... its lowered ALOT and im not 100 percent confident in the bike yet... im not even done with it yet.... ill get there though.... ill get there... when im ready I can TURN IT ALLL THE way down for a long trip and just go... I can actually turn the boost controller OFF and it just runs like a stage 1 off the wastegate spring.

its not the power that is limiting it... its lowered ALOT and im not 100 percent confident in the bike yet... im not even done with it yet.... ill get there though.... ill get there... when im ready I can TURN IT ALLL THE way down for a long trip and just go... I can actually turn the boost controller OFF and it just runs like a stage 1 off the wastegate spring.
Get yourself a stock Busa , so you got a go anywhere , do it all enjoyable ride , and keep the turbo for those special occasions.....maybe even race it !! I read that's what GNBrett built your bike for , even he was going to race it !!

Get yourself a stock Busa , so you got a go anywhere , do it all enjoyable ride , and keep the turbo for those special occasions.....maybe even race it !! I read that's what GNBrett built your bike for , even he was going to race it !!
it can go anywhere... I tried to explain that..... I don't have time to go anywhere... I play on the weekends, IF THAT... I go to work... prepare for a double shift everyday.... come home/eat/shower... come on the org and sleep.... over and over and over again... most of these big hp turbo owners don't post up often because of the negative comments and misunderstanding of how these bikes function... at least I tell all about one of these builds and try to explain how it all works.... there is nothing preventing this bike from being a daily rider except for me... I could ride it everyday and anywhere if it was stock height.... but I don't WANT a stock height bike.... I wanted a hotrod. just try to understand having almost allll of ure free time accounted for,but im in the process of trying to swapshift at work. so I would work 2 double shifts and have 4 days off.. again, there are plenty of stage 1 and 2 turbo bikes out there with 50-100k miles on them.... only difference between them and this build is a boost controller/engine specs, and an air system(swingarm holds air and runs the wastegate and airshifter)… granted brett got carried away with building a prostreet motor(bigger valves and cams and headwork) BUT that doesn't affect everyday livability... bike idles right where it should and is smooth everywhere.. just remember, the bike can be a 260hp bike with the flip of a switch...…. and its a LOW compression motor 9-1..... threadjack over.

it can go anywhere... I tried to explain that..... I don't have time to go anywhere... I play on the weekends, IF THAT... I go to work... prepare for a double shift everyday.... come home/eat/shower... come on the org and sleep.... over and over and over again... most of these big hp turbo owners don't post up often because of the negative comments and misunderstanding of how these bikes function... at least I tell all about one of these builds and try to explain how it all works.... there is nothing preventing this bike from being a daily rider except for me... I could ride it everyday and anywhere if it was stock height.... but I don't WANT a stock height bike.... I wanted a hotrod. just try to understand having almost allll of ure free time accounted for,but im in the process of trying to swapshift at work. so I would work 2 double shifts and have 4 days off.. again, there are plenty of stage 1 and 2 turbo bikes out there with 50-100k miles on them.... only difference between them and this build is a boost controller/engine specs, and an air system(swingarm holds air and runs the wastegate and airshifter)… granted brett got carried away with building a prostreet motor(bigger valves and cams and headwork) BUT that doesn't affect everyday livability... bike idles right where it should and is smooth everywhere.. just remember, the bike can be a 260hp bike with the flip of a switch...…. and its a LOW compression motor 9-1..... threadjack over.
If it is a worry being so low , a standard Busa would be great to go riding two up for example , nothing negative about turbo power being said at all mate , your bike is compromised on the suspension / ride height , your words . So instead of looking for a pillion seat as you mentioned in another post , and making your already compromised bike handle bumps even worse , go a second bike , reckon you will love it mate !!

If it is a worry being so low , a standard Busa would be great to go riding two up for example , nothing negative about turbo power being said at all mate , your bike is compromised on the suspension / ride height , your words . So instead of looking for a pillion seat as you mentioned in another post , and making your already compromised bike handle bumps even worse , go a second bike , reckon you will love it mate !!
I really don't have that much time.... even today I was gonna dig it outta storage and take it home but its getting cold now and I lost motivation...n I was supposed to go to PH today also but that didn't happen, I slept the whole day away... didn't wake up till 3pm..... I took 5 days off( personal days that I was gonna lose) and they actually got approved,,, I was shocked.

25579_dummies-thread-hijacking.png

So I'll have all OEM fairings and I might let MAACO paint the tail black on my current fairings to go with the new sides and front top cowl. I'll let you know how your boy did and post pictures. I think he might be a find. He ain't cheap but he at least talks a good game.

BTW: Roads stock Busa idea is a good one, you should think about. It would cost less than a mattress! Lol! And to answer your question, I haven't had a fight in 35 years, people just don't bother big black guys! But jack my thread again and I'll put over my knee and paddle you right in front of your prisoners! Ha ha ha! Seriously man sounds like you need that down time! Get some saddle time in and you'll feel a little of the pressure come off.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the info Willie! I’ve been through some of this already, as I’m running a brembo MC. The main reason to get these from you is for the calipers. The MC will go to a good member and friend I have in mind as a gift, if he is interested. Can’t wait to add some nice calipers to my bike. I really appreciate the great deal!

;)

Back