10-Year Anniversary Freshen-up

Some preliminary weights. I think the M4 calipers had the banjo bolts in, so I might need to recheck that. Didn't have an OEM brake lever/MC to weigh. Probably weighs a ton. Let me know if I screwed up anywhere on this.

Slide1.JPG

Slide2.JPG

Slide3.JPG

Slide4.JPG

Slide5.JPG

Slide6.JPG

Slide7.JPG

Sorry the display is so hard to read on the photo.

Removed the old calipers and MC tonight to send off to Miguel next week. I have a lot of friends on here (I think? Lol) so I decided the first person who asks for them gets a killer deal: 2 Brembo 108mm calipers and a Brembo RCS 19 MC that are 3 years old for $200, shipping included. As with all parts I sell as functioning, you have 30 days from the day I ship them to return them no questions asked, you pay shipping.

These brakes are great! You will be very happy with their stopping power and with the RCS, great feel. You'll need a few things:

You need a fluid reservoir, most come with mounting hardware. There are conflicts with the fairing with this you will have to adjust the parts for or live with. I have not found a bracket for the reservoirs that attaches to the RCS mount that will clear the fairing. See what I did in the last photos.

You will also need some new Stainless Steel lines. These will have to be custom because the taps on the MC and calipers is in a different orientation than on the stock calipers. I would have a shop do it. You can ride the bike in and bring the Brembo calipers and MC so the shop can measure. The banjo bolts included are for twin lines, which I would recommend. I have it on good authority however, that it does not matter if you go twin lines or a crossover arrangement.

The micro switch wires can be connected with your favorite connector, the ones I used are available at most auto parts stores. When I put the connectors in I left a lot of wire so you should be able to do what you want.

The pads don't look that bad but you should replace them because they are work into my disks and will probably cause etching to you disks. Those are the Brembo pads that came with the calipers.

Hope you enjoy them!

This is a Brembo Picture off the internet:
View attachment 1597151

These are the actual parts:
View attachment 1597153

View attachment 1597154

View attachment 1597155

This is what I did with the reservoirs:
View attachment 1597156

View attachment 1597157
Thanks for all the info Willie! I’ve been through some of this already, as I’m running a brembo MC. The main reason to get these from you is for the calipers. The MC will go to a good member and friend I have in mind as a gift, if he is interested. Can’t wait to add some nice calipers to my bike. I really appreciate the great deal!

Thanks for all the info Willie! I’ve been through some of this already, as I’m running a brembo MC. The main reason to get these from you is for the calipers. The MC will go to a good member and friend I have in mind as a gift, if he is interested. Can’t wait to add some nice calipers to my bike. I really appreciate the great deal!
nice snag Miguel... hopefully TOAD doesn't give u tooo much shyt for buying used like I did..... lol

ALLL THIS WORK into the bike... on a stock unopened motor.... makes me crazy, its like having a 40 ounce ribeye steak from the best steakhouse in town.... and eating the French fries first.... but I guess some guys are French fry connoisseurs>? lol... im busting ure bhalz arch.... BUT u know where all this is headed.... blownbusa city

Well I sort of feel the same about a lot of turbos. All that power on weak brakes and unsophisticated suspension. I love to look at and admire what people do to their bikes. For me, I've never wanted for power, it was brakes and suspension. At nearly 300 lbs on the stock bike, the brakes and suspension were positively scary.

Well I sort of feel the same about a lot of turbos. All that power on weak brakes and unsophisticated suspension. I love to look at and admire what people do to their bikes. For me, I've never wanted for power, it was brakes and suspension. At nearly 300 lbs on the stock bike, the brakes and suspension were positively scary.

+1
power needs control

nice snag Miguel... hopefully TOAD doesn't give u tooo much shyt for buying used like I did..... lol

Get a good deal like that , you would be crazy not to go for it , second hand means nothing if you either know the history of use or the seller , or up to speed on what you are looking at to be confident to buy .
But Ali , we could still have a discussion ..... did I read right that you spent 7 grand on a new wanking chariot .... bed !! Hahahaha ... too good bro !!!

Get a good deal like that , you would be crazy not to go for it , second hand means nothing if you either know the history of use or the seller , or up to speed on what you are looking at to be confident to buy .
But Ali , we could still have a discussion ..... did I read right that you spent 7 grand on a new wanking chariot .... bed !! Hahahaha ... too good bro !!!
the problem is I spent 13 grand on closing costs on this condo.... THEN I bought a 70 inch Samsung tv..... then I bought the mattress...… I just got in over my head a little and ive been paying this stuff off(mattress and tv I had promotional interest rates........ anyhow... I dug out from the hole.

do u ever do friendly highway pulls against anyone? For me... that's what started me thinking about buying a new bike.... these new s1000rr bimmers…. even 1k gixxers/ h2s.... the busa used to whoop miost everyone... now its getting competition up top.

the long swingarm and nlr/jri drag shock work very well together... im 265 lbs and when I sit on this bike it moves an inch MAYBE.... kinda stiff to joyride on, but it never cries uncle when big power is applied..... the biggest concern I have is that it is very low(cut forks internally modified) and im scared it might one day bottom out and destroy the DME oil pan... that said I rode it less than 1k miles last season.... its a hotrod for me to joyride.

the long swingarm and nlr/jri drag shock work very well together... im 265 lbs and when I sit on this bike it moves an inch MAYBE.... kinda stiff to joyride on, but it never cries uncle when big power is applied..... the biggest concern I have is that it is very low(cut forks internally modified) and im scared it might one day bottom out and destroy the DME oil pan... that said I rode it less than 1k miles last season.... its a hotrod for me to joyride.
I wasn't referring to you specifically but a lot of people are running crazy stretches and stock shocks.

I wasn't referring to you specifically but a lot of people are running crazy stretches and stock shocks.
lol... sorry I misread, but yeah I guess some people do... I think its more of a case of greatly underestimating what it takes to build these things.... just a good swingarm and a good shock is 2-4 grand.

What is your bike boost / hp currently or normally set at for your riding ?
If you do ride it on bumpy and pothole etc. streets to get out of town , then you will more than likely look like you and your ride is doing it tough , getting a jolting rough ride on the way to those highway pulls , with the shock set so stiff as you describe .
That will be the price to have the bike set up so firm for big turbo power setting , lucky you got those highways that are by the sounds anyway , relatively unpoliced and not too far away to access .
Would be good to get some on road footage of your ride , in a safe location , maybe @jeffgordons24 , our trusty org. brother and NY pilot could organize something with you this ride season ?
Maybe you could also get that ride in with Arch you guys have talked about , once he gets this revamp build done , we could get a couple of different takes on Hayabusa custom ride styles !!
Mate , I'd say , both of those documented ride scenarios would be popular with us orgster !!:thumbsup::)

What is your bike boost / hp currently or normally set at for your riding ?
If you do ride it on bumpy and pothole etc. streets to get out of town , then you will more than likely look like you and your ride is doing it tough , getting a jolting rough ride on the way to those highway pulls , with the shock set so stiff as you describe .
That will be the price to have the bike set up so firm for big turbo power setting , lucky you got those highways that are by the sounds anyway , relatively unpoliced and not too far away to access .
Would be good to get some on road footage of your ride , in a safe location , maybe @jeffgordons24 , our trusty org. brother and NY pilot could organize something with you this ride season ?
Maybe you could also get that ride in with Arch you guys have talked about , once he gets this revamp build done , we could get a couple of different takes on Hayabusa custom ride styles !!

Mate , I'd say , both of those documented ride scenarios would be popular with us orgster !!:thumbsup::)
the bike is on an ams2000 boost controller with 5 different maps in it and within each map it does boost by gear.... settings 1/2/3 are all pump gas... 260/330/400 respectively.... but on position 3 (400hp)… in first gear obviously couldn't hold that so its 260 I believe in first gear... then the boost is increased in each higher gear till 4th.... the nice part about having the 260 hp setting is that IF u wanna cruise down the highway for a half hour or so the bike isn't constantly running into big boost after 5 k rpms...… arch and I have spoken about getting together.... he is in VA though.... 8 hrs from me.... if I get the time off and I get really confident in the bike.... ill take the ride.. im gonna try to ride it this year as much as I can..... but work has to come first, and im trying to get into a law school.... its not easy.

ALLL THIS WORK into the bike... on a stock unopened motor.... makes me crazy, its like having a 40 ounce ribeye steak from the best steakhouse in town.... and eating the French fries first.... but I guess some guys are French fry connoisseurs>? lol... im busting ure bhalz arch.... BUT u know where all this is headed.... blownbusa city

Well to most of us who ride on all kinds of roads , city and countryside , the standard Gen 2 , with some mild mods is an extremely fast motorcycle . I think if you are getting similar hp , to what say @white.Busa and some of the other people are getting out of basically stock tuned Gen 2 , then you should be rightly , pretty happy .
There are going to be some exceptions , ie; drag racers , LSR , hot rodders , that will go for hp increases , but here I am referring to actual street ridden , to back road , canyon carving bikes , like what Arch's Busa build is , and what I also have put together .
Personally imho , if you can actually ride your stock Gen 2 or even 1 to full potential , like for instance @Ac41 (as possibly the best example) rides his Gen 2 , then yes , you could honestly say you need and could use more power . If like me , and you cannot , then any added hp is indeed an ego stroking exercise .... having said that , if my L2 does get breathed on , well I certainly think I will be guilty of stroking the big one for sure !!
This isn't meant to put down anyone , but the facts are this , the Hayabusa in both Gens are fast motorcycles , especially in the real world most of us owners ride , from stop start traffic , to many open road miles , to hard and fast cornering on those wonderful myriad country roads , anyone who doesn't think so , aught to get a day ride on a stocker and refresh oneself on this fact .

Back