1/8 miles Time

Hey Lamont,
How much of an extension do you have on that swingarm? Do you find that it bottoms out with a passenger on it?

wow, thats alot better than mine. it was also the first time racing a bike other than my zx that i made about 4 passes on.
my first pass i pretty much dumped it at 3k rpm and it bogged alittle and ran a 6.90@117.
i didnt shift right though either. just a regular off the gas in the clutch shift.
next 2 passes were awfull though. 1
wheelie most of the 1/8th. 1 half track burnout(got out of the groove).
im sure ill do better once i get used to the launch. at least i have the schnitz/brock mod.what should i expect. i dynoed at 159.9 with a micron,pc2,16 tooth,mez3 race comp. tire .

The nearest 1/4 mile track is 2 hrs away. I plan to run it in 1/4 in the future. But mostly street racing for now. That is where the MONEY is!!!!!!

when you said you turned the fuel up , iassume you mean the pressure. how exactly did you do that? restrict the return?
id like to do this if it will help but not affect drivability or pump life.

Turbo1300: I have done the clucth mod, yosh duplex pipe, Turn the fuel up, down 1 in front up 4 in rear, and the swingarm adjust from 8 to 14inches. I had it setting on 9 inches over.

TeamHayabusa: Normal when I'm riding someone ,I have the arm out to 14inches with a strut, instead of the shock, but it's racing now.

Lamont I`m in NC close to you...go to Piedmont often. Saw that southern cycle racing will no longer race. Is your bike the black one with PM wheels...saw it go 6.08 a while back...don`t think anyone beleved me though.

Crazy Bill: I mean I remapped with a yosh box.

tffu: The only mods listed above, no pistons,cams or internals mods yet.

The 929 is an R1 fighter and should be a very worthy challenger even with the R1's new improvements. Either of them will kill a Busa in the twisties...given equal riders.

Straight line no contest.

Back