2000 Busa 1/8 mile Time

OB_Lamont

Registered
Shawn Gann ran his 2000 busa yesterday at Piedmont Dragway, the best time was 1:41 60ft @ 123.01mph, et 5.83. The bike had the following mods that was noticeable done to it. The motor had not been touched!!!!!

- 8 1/2 arm
- DOT metezler tire
- air shifter
- airbox mod
- fuel adj
- hindle carbon fiber pipe
- gann clutch mod

Alot of weight was taken off of the bike also,
- mirrors off
- oil cooler off
- foot pegs off
- right front brake disc off

GO BUSA'S GO

I hate I missed that pass tho I was told Gann was working on a BUSA project. What days will they be holding (test & tunes). I live in the Charlotte area and would love to check it out. I heard they will not be running the dragrace series in Greensboro this year, have you heard anything on this? (SCRA)

They will be holding test & tunes every Sunday 1pm - 4pm until March 5. As far as the project Blake Gann is working on, its completed, they will try to have the 1360 busa at the track this Sunday.
Michael that is true that Piedmont will not be running the Southern Cycle racing series this year. I guess Rockingham will be my spot this year.

Appreciate the heads up on the racing season this year. I like the ideal of them spreading it around to various tracks. C-ya at the races . . .

There will be 2 southern cycle events held at piedmont this year. The rest will be at Rockingham, Farmington, and Mooresville 2 events at each track.

I ran my busa Sunday 2/20/00 at Piedmont Dragway, the rider was Robbie Hatchell he weights 135pds. The first pass was 1:48 60ft @ 121.01, et 6.05,, Second Pass against CHAOSARISE on his busa was 1:41 60ft @ 120.1, et 5.94. The following mods listed below:

- 9 to 14 inch arm( set on 9)
- 16 front sprocket & 45 rear
- road racing slick with grooves cut in
- airshifter
- airbox mod
- fuel adj
- yosh pipe
- Clutch mod

My bike is fully chromed with Mirrors on, oil cooler, footpegs on.

Next stage will be cams and head work!!!

Beware of the Black & Orange busa!

Lamont, you had Me going on those short times until I saw they were with a road racing slick.

But still, getting a stock motor in the 5's is great!

Ill get you next time Lamont lol. I had a lot of fun sunday now just got to keep it from wheeling so bad. My best was 1.55 60ft 6.09 at 120.17mph. The arm was at 8", air box mod, micron, and PCII.

Craig

cbxchris: A stock wheel base want have a chance at the racetrack against my busa.

Frank: I have just put a new shinko 003 on the rear, its hooking real good in the street, I while try it at the track sunday.

Thanks again Frank!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by Lamont (edited 24 February 2000).]

Back