1/4 mile times and speeds

BiggerDanno

Registered
I know everyone has a different set-up and different mods, so to compare equallly, this post is only for people that are running stock engines, stock wheelbase, street tire, sprocket combo optional, strapped and lowered.
Exhaust system and PC being the only performance mods...

No air shifters
No NOS
No turbo
No cams
No headwork
Engine completely stock.

My best was a 9.95 @ 144 at 2800' altitude

You wanna compare different mods? Start another post...

BiggerDanno! How you feeling my man! Long time no hear. I won't make a post about my times I think your way faster than me in my sleep. Worst part about you is your fast in the twisties as well as the straights. Hope to see you out on the road soon bro...

Marc "Howlin Mad"

sounds like my type of setup...

16tooth front
titanium Muzzys
TRE
small airbox mod
lowered

thats about it for performance mods...
waiting for dry weather. I'm sure I will break 10s in my 2nd run. only 150lbs myself......

wishing for dry weather!

My 1st and only run ( so Far ) time was sad 11.39 as I recall @136mph. I goofed up big time on the launch and down shifted my mistake. Still it was a BLAST! very addicting ...

Attachments

• dragday.psd
    228.7 KB · Views: 162
oops try again

dragday.jpg

whe I first got my stock 99 I ran high 10's. But the best I could get out the bike was 10.08 @ 140. I cant tell you about anything else because I put a pipe,arm,airshifter, and all on it a the same time. and I weigh 220. I was depressed with my times at first, but when you practice you staart to kick azz
beerchug.gif

BiggerDanno, got some folks from Ks & Ok running 9.20's with just the mods your talking about. I'll post some pics and real numbers over the weekend (nice to know what these bikes can do). This fat boy on the other hand has never been to the track on the Busa! Did go 9.93 on a 90' gsxr1100 back in my lighter days. Wheres Subway when you need one? Anybody seen Jarod lately?
(My first Zuke wouldn't qualify for this post though)

If they are pulling 9.20's with just a pipe then something is wrong with the traps! They might have a NOS kit hiding under the hump.
all_coholic.gif
all_coholic.gif
all_coholic.gif

all_coholic.gif

all_coholic.gif

Oops missed one thing in the first post! Stock length, both of these bikes are 6 over (No NOS). Best run seen with all of the above req. was a 9.60. Did get wowed by a Kawa zx12, maybe some of you folks from Ok know this guy. Stock length, pipe, remapped, ran a 9.30 (PMRA). I think he is from Shawnee, OK.

Hey guys I'm no spring chicken, these are PMRA sponsered races. There was no NOS, Bernie Jones and Jon Monk both run these times. Both are from Wichita, Ks.

I know this is a 1/4 thread but Whoa is geeting his time down in the 1/8 to a consistent 6.5 with it lowered and strapped, small air box mod and that's it...Oh I forgot 16t front 42t rear...Best I can do is 6.8's but I weigh 250...The lights and 60ft times or what make or break a good run...That's IMO...

Stunnah, I had these guys going now you kind of ruined it. They never once mentioned how much the drivers weigh. Sorry guys, most of the guys turning these kind of times are what we call PaperClip weight! (a buck-o-five sopping wet).

I weigh 190 lbs.
Adjusted for altitude, my 9.95 time drops to a 9.48 at sea level.
My 1/8 time was about 6.6, I think (don't remember for sure)
60' best is a 1.57

No air shifters
No NOS
No turbo
No cams
No headwork
Engine completely stock

No fun, No fair. Danno you're sounding like the NHRA

WHEN MY BUSA HAD NO MODS IT RAN 9.69 AT 147MPH. THAT IS WITH A 175 POUND RIDER.NOW THAT I HAVE DONE MODS I HAVE NOT GOT TO RUN IT IN THE 1/4 MILE.BUT I RAN IN THE 1/8 AT 6.10 AT 120MPH WITH A 175 POUND RIDER.MY BEST 60 WAS 1.54.SO DANNO YOUR BIKE RUN GOOD EVEN WITH 190 POUND RIDER.

Next month the air shifter and turbo are going on. So maybe this year I'll have some good numbers.
But on a stock busa you can cheat alittle by shaving the head with a smaller gasket to get some HP gains. They might have done the stock cam mod and still call it stock.Those number are still too low for a bone stock bike.If they are running 9.60's then YES but not 20's and a 12 with a pipe won't go 30's. If the 12's were that fast I'd be on a Kaw site right now.
laugh.gif

TJFAST, I would love for you to come to Ks or Ok this spring to watch/view some of the bikes I've mentioned. You seem to know your stuff and I'm sure you could provide everyone here on the board a better look-see. What do you say? Plus you'd have a chance to run your bike in the heart of America. Some of the best times have been recorded here. Who knows I could learn a thing or two from you and maybe you could pick up some tips. Schedule for this years racing has not been posted yet. As soon as it comes available I will post. Maybe we could host the first ever Hayabusa shoot-out somewhere here in Middle America.

Back