08-busa project

Ikuzus

Registered
ALCON: Just checking in new to the forum . Just add a "New Horse" to the stable (05' 1-grand and 07' sixty-zero). This is my first Busa. Looking forward to posting pics of the 08 project being done by HPC. Here are a few as of today stipped down.

busa1.jpg

busa3.jpg

busa2.jpg

Welcome! They do great work at HPC, so can't wait to see what you're having done. :welcome:

Update: It was put on the Dyno yesterday to get the baseline numbers and here is what it looks like 173.34 HP and 103.48 FPT not bad to start off. Check out the Dyno Sheet Below. Also put the rear brackets and pegs back on just got them back from Powder Coating they came out Great!!! More Pic of Mods Coming Soon!!!

1ST DYNO SHOOT2.jpg

darnell.jpg

Powder coated Pegs.jpg

Not a bad baseline totally stock numbers. As stated before, the before and after power numbers with the Gen II are not as large of a margin as on the Gen I model. They did a good job with the OEM exhaust and mapping.

More to come...next upgrades

Bazzaz ZFI
Bazzaz ZFAM
Pipercros Race Filter
Yoshimura R-55 Megaphon "blacked out"
Head port/polished and decked along with larger intake cam

then phase two:

Last edited:
R55 Full exhaust just came back from Jet hot. Had the exhaust coated Gloss Black. Now that exhaust is back we can get started on the other mods.

Will keep you posted. :beerchug:

100_2041.jpg

100_2042.jpg

100_2040.jpg

Nice thread! Thanks for carrying us along and sharing factual information during the transformation.

Do you think the head pipe is the same for all the Yosh Full Systems? (If so, my eventual assumption would be the power curves would be similar for each of the systems with only minimal differences througout the rev range.)

I'm looking forward to the pic's of the Yosh installed. Thanks again - will watch this develop.

Nice thread! Thanks for carrying us along and sharing factual information during the transformation.

Do you think the head pipe is the same for all the Yosh Full Systems? (If so, my eventual assumption would be the power curves would be similar for each of the systems with only minimal differences througout the rev range.)

I'm looking forward to the pic's of the Yosh installed. Thanks again - will watch this develop.

I agree, the header tubes are the same. The megaphone seems to have bulky tubing at the mid-pipe. Something cool about this system is the extra silencing baffle they add right before the cannister should help this megaphone not to be so loud like some of the others are. Will know more shortly. :thumbsup:

Back