My 08 busa project

kingofdacoast

Registered
Just want to share this project I got a few weeks ago. I bought a k8 busa that was wrecked in the front. The guy hit the back of a parked truck and the bike didn't fall over. It just went "bang" and stopped. He's ok but the bike was totalled from the estimate I did on it from the shop. He bought it back from his insurance company with the plan of rebuilding it later. Only the front fairing, headlight, turn signals, ram air tubes, forks and wheel were damage. The rest of the bike looked like new. He took it home and began tearing it apart. Then he decided he was going to polish the frame himself while he was looking for parts and once he found out it wasn't as easy as he though he just parked it in his shed. After about a month he came back and bought a brand new one and was going to build the wrecked one at a drag bike. Well, that never happened either. I kept asking him to sell it to me and finally he came in the shop and gave in. I got the bike for what he paid for it from his insurance company. Here is how it looked when I got it.

08busa.jpg

Well I finished disassymbling it down to just a frame and motor hanging in my shop. I was going to powder coat the frame over but just sanded it down and sprayed it with some black epoxy. I already had a swingarm from another bike I had and decided to swing it out and race it. Here is what I ended up with.

08-2.jpg

A friend of mine who owns another bike shop had just bought a wrecked 08 himself and his was wrecked in the back. He gave me the front end stuff I needed along with a set of forks and front wheel. Lucky for me the bike he had was the same color as mine so I got lucky and didn't have to paint. It has a few minor scratchs but a few well placed decals will take care of that. Here is what i got now.

08-3.jpg

Looks so naked??? Second picture looks alot better. You can tell it's liking the TLC. Good luck on your project,:cheerleader:

I did this all with in a few days time and total cost on this build is $4200. It came with a salvage title so I have to take it to the highway patrol and get it inspect before I can get tags but I think it came out well. Next thing I have left to do is install the airshifter, nos kit, bazzaz and tune it on my dyno. I can't wait.

08-4.jpg

Glad you got it all together and I don't mean to say anything bad, but why not paint the swingarm while you were doing the frame? Bike looks good just think that would have set it off a little more.

Glad you got it all together and I don't mean to say anything bad, but why not paint the swingarm while you were doing the frame? Bike looks good just think that would have set it off a little more.

Its not staying on there. I got another one being fabbed for it now. That one actually belongs on my all motor busa.

Nice collection of busas.:thumbsup: Very nice grab on thr 08. All you need is a Turbo. I also have 5 busas one is not in the picture as a turbo in going on it. Winter mod time$$

DSCN0196.jpg

DSCN0201.jpg

With owning all of those bikes do you just drop all of the keys in a fish bowl and blindly grab to see which one you will ride today??

Nice collection of busas.:thumbsup: Very nice grab on thr 08. All you need is a Turbo. I also have 5 busas one is not in the picture as a turbo in going on it. Winter mod time$$

Had two turbo bikes and to be honest I didn't care for them. One Mr. Turbo kit and one Velocity stage 1 kit. Too many issues with both of them. They were on the Apocalypse bike. NOS is my things. Nice bikes. How you like the 109?

With owning all of those bikes do you just drop all of the keys in a fish bowl and blindly grab to see which one you will ride today??

With me they all have their purpose. The red busa is my wheelie/back road rider. Bulletproof is my work horse, Apocalypse is my class winner, the new 08 will be my street racer and of course the 109 is what me and my wife enjoy. I have one more busa but its in construction now which will be a 68" all motor bike.

Back