My 08 busa project

I agree on what you say about Turbos they are a pain in the a$$. I have built many of them from the KZ1000s;KZ1300s and 1 Busa I haven't learned my lesson yet I guess:banghead:

turbo 009.jpg

I agree on what you say about Turbos they are a pain in the a$$. I have built many of them from the KZ1000s;KZ1300s and 1 Busa I haven't learned my lesson yet I guess:banghead:

Are the headaches worth the benefits? Not to go off topic but what are the issues?

Poor kits?
Poor retro?
High maintenance?

I'm at 6000' and it was on my winter to do list.

Turbo's make great streetbikes and really fast drag bikes. If they are tuned correctly they will live but when they mess up, THEY MESS UP! Poor fueling and oiling are the major factors on turbos I've found out. Had one turbo kit on my 06 GSXR 1k and kept spinning cranks due to leaning out and the last time it sent the rod out through the engine cases. After selling the kit, later found out that it had a pin hole in the up tube and it was over boosting and the FMU couldn't compensate. Expensive pin hole for me. I'm just not a turbo guy. I love riding them though. They make better streetbikes than building the engine to ride on the street.

Their is too manny things that can go wrong, you really got to stay on top of the maintance. Over boost and ping one time and its good buy pistion.Ya better have another bike as a spair to ride when the turbo is down. I went through 3 cranks and 1 set of cases in 7000 miles on a KZ 1300 in one summer back in the mid 80s on 18lbs boost man it was fun. Nitrous is fun untill the bottle goes dry.

Sweet collections, King & Boosta!

Amazing...nearly 10 busas between you!

:beerchug:

I did this all with in a few days time and total cost on this build is $4200. It came with a salvage title so I have to take it to the highway patrol and get it inspect before I can get tags but I think it came out well. Next thing I have left to do is install the airshifter, nos kit, bazzaz and tune it on my dyno. I can't wait.

Nice job! :thumbsup:

The key to a reliable turbo bike is a good dyno tune. Someone knowing what they're doing is a big plus.

I love the 109 the badest butt kicking V twin out there. This winter I went Nitrious instead of Turbo. Like you said Turbos needs too much attention. I had the RCC stage 1 on for around 500 miles and removed it and it is for sale with Turbo pistions. Cheap!

DSC00270.jpg

M109 AUDI 006.jpg

:thumbsup:

Good grab & restore job on the Busa.

You multi-bike guys have entirely too much fun. :moon:

(Does my jealousy show??) :rofl:

It has been a long time since I've logged onto this board. I spend most of my time over at the psychobike site but a new customer came into my shop today and said they missed seeing me here so I logged back on to hang out again. I've made so many changes to my bikes since then. Bulletproof has been retired and revamped into a whole new bike. It is now called "Thor". Also my 08 is the fastest streetbike on the ENTIRE gulf coast (if anyone feels its not PLEASE come try:poke:). Its is named "Odin". My 03 red one is now called "Loki" and is drapped in the 06 black/grey colors. The M109R was totalled by a friend and has been replaced with a hardtop coupe corvette. I'll get some new pics up soon. :thumbsup:

Back