Current GSXR owner looking to buy 08 BUSA

Get an 08 Busa and have a Corbin passenger back rest fitted to it.  When riding solo you can use the cowl.  When the wife ride with you the back rest will help keep the Busa from spitting her off the back when you are tempted by the torque.

If she doesn't like sitting on the Busa very long you can get an FJR.  Very competent in the corners, and one of the most comfortable sport-tour bikes out there for a passenger.  I would choose the FJR over the ST1300 because it's a bit lighter and more nimble.

I did have an 04 Busa.  I also had an 07 FJR.  I currently have an 08 Busa.  The 08 handles much more like the 07 1K than the Gen I.  The 1K is lighter so physics favors it in the corners, but the Gen II Busa is nothing to sneeze at in the corners.  Grip is the question here.  I can only have one bike right now (personal reasons)so the 08 Busa is it.  When I can add another to the stable it will be another FJR and an adventure bike.
Great feedback, much appreciated. Just walked in the door from Park Hardings cycle in Canton, Ohio....Oh yea-there is a Black 08 Hyabusa attached the to trailer. Thanks to all in this forum, I just had to have it. Can't wait to get out on it!

Get an 08 Busa and have a Corbin passenger back rest fitted to it. When riding solo you can use the cowl. When the wife ride with you the back rest will help keep the Busa from spitting her off the back when you are tempted by the torque.

If she doesn't like sitting on the Busa very long you can get an FJR. Very competent in the corners, and one of the most comfortable sport-tour bikes out there for a passenger. I would choose the FJR over the ST1300 because it's a bit lighter and more nimble.

I did have an 04 Busa. I also had an 07 FJR. I currently have an 08 Busa. The 08 handles much more like the 07 1K than the Gen I. The 1K is lighter so physics favors it in the corners, but the Gen II Busa is nothing to sneeze at in the corners. Grip is the question here. I can only have one bike right now (personal reasons)so the 08 Busa is it. When I can add another to the stable it will be another FJR and an adventure bike.
Great feedback, much appreciated. Just walked in the door from Park Hardings cycle in Canton, Ohio....Oh yea-there is a Black 08 Hyabusa attached the to trailer. Thanks to all in this forum, I just had to have it. Can't wait to get out on it!
Congrats man!!

Now it's your turn to give a review.
cool.gif

I currently own an 07 GSXR1000. Love the bike but want something more stable for 2-up riding and better wind protection/comfort. I rode the first Gen Busa and was not comfortable with the handling. Can I get some feedback from those of you who have rode/owned both GEN 1 busa and 08) as I am looking to purchase 08 Black Busa this week. Thanks
It handles good for a big sporty-tourer..but it aint no 1000. You're not gonna get literbike handling out of a busa...but you will get more comfort for you and the missus, and a ton of torque and loads of high speed stability
winkold.gif
A very good bike for its purpose
laugh.gif

Personal opinion, if you like your liter bike, keep it and buy and ST1300 for 2 up. Your passenger will like you much more than on a busa. Nothing wrong with a busa if you feel the busa is the right bike for you. However if you are looking for it as a good "hauler", there are much better candidates available.
Listen to this advice!

I went from an 03 Busa to the K5 GSXR1000 and back on an 07 Busa, and if I could afford it I would have a 1000 and a Busa and a FJR1300 or Concours14

The 1000 would crush the Busa from a 60mph Roll on in 6th gear
for example........
I picked 2 road signs to test my roll on's between...
K5 GSXR1000 50MPH to 90MPH between the signs....
03 & 07 Hayabusa 50MPH to 78MPH between the signs....
NO CONTEST.......

Now on the Dragstrip....
My K5 GSXR1000 My best of 11.00 at 136mph with a 1.94 60foot time.
My 07 Busa.....my best of 10.93 at 134MPH with a 1.97 60foot time.
Change the gearing on the Busa and try again.

Personal opinion, if you like your liter bike, keep it and buy and ST1300 for 2 up. Your passenger will like you much more than on a busa. Nothing wrong with a busa if you feel the busa is the right bike for you. However if you are looking for it as a good "hauler", there are much better candidates available.
Listen to this advice!

I went from an 03 Busa to the K5 GSXR1000 and back on an 07 Busa, and if I could afford it I would have a 1000 and a Busa and a FJR1300 or Concours14

The 1000 would crush the Busa from a 60mph Roll on in 6th gear
for example........
I picked 2 road signs to test my roll on's between...
K5 GSXR1000 50MPH to 90MPH between the signs....
03 & 07 Hayabusa 50MPH to 78MPH between the signs....
NO CONTEST.......

Now on the Dragstrip....
My K5 GSXR1000 My best of 11.00 at 136mph with a 1.94 60foot time.
My 07 Busa.....my best of 10.93 at 134MPH with a 1.97 60foot time.
Change the gearing on the Busa and try again.
he contradicts himself..

also 1000 is faster everywhere but the track
lol1.gif

TurboSN95,

What seat/back-rest setup are you using for your wife...? Mine may like that setup also...

I currently own an 07 GSXR1000. Love the bike but want something more stable for 2-up riding and better wind protection/comfort. I rode the first Gen Busa and was not comfortable with the handling. Can I get some feedback from those of you who have rode/owned both GEN 1 busa and 08) as I am looking to purchase 08 Black Busa this week. Thanks
I have had them all, 2000 hayabusa, 2003 hayabusa, 2005 zx-10R, 2006 gsxr1K, 2007 zx-10R and now my 2008 hayabusa, im 6'1 270 lbs and found the most important thing you could do to any of these bikes is set the suspension up, now to answer your question i have rode 3 genI's a 99 (my dads) my 00 and my 03,these bikes do not handle quite as good as the 100lb less litre bikes but when i set the sag for my body wieght it really made a big improvement in several area's including rider feedback, turn-in, and squating when exciting corners under acceleration. Also my genI's ALL were fantastic for two up riding/touring, the backseat is lower,wider,softer than there racebike cousins and the big busa doesnt seem to mind the extra weight of a passenger it just glides along unstrained. Now to my 08 busa, i'v only put 250 miles on it thanks to the weather but my 1st impressions are THIS BIKE ROCKS, i feel it already handles better with the factory suspension settings then my "firmed" up genI's did, it has awsome rider feedback,very good turn-in at speed,excellent riding position, and the brakes make an ass out of the old ones, if i was to compare this bike to any of my past bikes i would compare it to a couple of zx-9R's i used to have. 9R's imo have a fantastic combo of power, seating position,& most importantly handling and the new 08 does all this and even better.
thumb_up.gif

Back