07 busa with mods made 14øwhp... HELP?!

Rode today all i can say is everybody needs to get there bike dyno right and ecu editor!:please: Frank you are the man!:bowdown:

A thought might be to hit up another dyno. There is a dyno 2 hours from here that is known to be greedy with dyno numbers. I think your numbers are low. My bike with similiar mods and a drag radial out back makes 171whp and my buddies with similair mods makes 168whp.

hey guys,

nice info. i had mine dynoed yesterday. end map was 155. three pulls, started at 145> 149> 155. cm motorsports in tustin. 300$.

being a little neurotic, i was thinking that the tuning should have continued towards a lower number, then came back to the highest recorded.

thoughts?

david

With internal engine work, there is no way for 170's!
Also, you need to run 87 octane for fuel, as well as have the bike tuned, on a dyno, instead of a generic map!
Granted im brand new, but i think with my mods i should hit 170 ive seen 175 with my mods.

149hp sounds about right if all you got was a dyno pull with no tuning. My 03 with 20,000miles made the same numbers with a Broocks hindle,pc3, airbox mod and k&n filter. 3 hours later on the dyno with countless pulls he ended with 169.9 hp!! and better gas mileage!! He did end up pulling the plugs an replaced them as they were filthy. Think the hard part is finding someone that really knows how to tune an tune for your riding style.

Think the hard part is finding someone that really knows how to tune an tune for your riding style.

What does that mean? You don't tune for riding style. You just lean / richen the fuel for the proper AFRs and ignition timing. It's a mechanical device.

What does that mean? You don't tune for riding style. You just lean / richen the fuel for the proper AFRs and ignition timing. It's a mechanical device.

Not 100% sure thats why I paid someone to do mine...I dident even think about putting new plugs in:laugh: Why wouldent you tune for riding style? They make maps from high mpg to peak hp #s. Which near as I can tell thats what everyone wants as they go from dyno to dyno tryn for a higher hp#. The guy that did mine said he normally does drag bikes, said he does a 100% throttle tune on them. Since I ride mine on the street and the mountains he tuned mine at all throttle positions and went after torque and a nice power curve.

Why wouldent you tune for riding style? They make maps from high mpg to peak hp #s. Which near as I can tell thats what everyone wants as they go from dyno to dyno tryn for a higher hp#.

Because that's not how it works. If you go too lean or go too rich, you lose power. There will be a perfect number that is somewhere between ideal and reality (fuel is not pure, air temp, elevation, etc, all vary), so the final AFR tends to be richer than needed.

There is also ignition timing, care must be taken to avoid knock. But from what I've seen, most dyno tuning on a NA bike ends up leaving this part out and focusing strictly on AFR (multiple runs in each gear at various rpm speeds). I'm not sure what gains are to be had from advancing timing on a NA busa (maybe someone can fill me in). Most of my background with tuning has been turbocharged cars.

Find a tuner that will actually tune the bike instead of using a generic tune. You should pick up some power that way.

Back