07 busa with mods made 14øwhp... HELP?!

mattbusa07

Registered
My 07 busa with alien head full exhaust, bmc race filter, air box mod, factory pro velocity stacks, and pc3 with brocks race map made 149whp. Just before me my brothers 2011 cbr1000rr with only a leo vince slip on made 146whp. So i dont think its a dyno issue. My bike has 12,xxx miles and i run 93 octane pump gas.. any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome mattbusa07. I think your numbers are pretty much the norm. My 03 with a Yoshimura TRS, PC, and BMC pulled 147 with the Yoshimura map. Others will chime in here and tell you their numbers. The seat of the pants feeling is better than the horsepower numbers IMO.

first off I think your hp numbers are low I made 168 with air box mod,bmc filter not race,HMF high mount full exhaust, and pc3 usb, dump the 93 pump gas and run 87 you are losing HP with the 93 and go back to the stock stacks......

Here's my 2005 with full race exhaust and pc3, otherwise stock... with 87 octane.

hayabusa-dyno.gif

first off I think your hp numbers are low I made 168 with air box mod,bmc filter not race,HMF high mount full exhaust, and pc3 usb, dump the 93 pump gas and run 87 you are losing HP with the 93 and go back to the stock stacks......

I was thinking the same thing about the 93 octane.

Ok here is the miss understanding of dynos. A dyno is a tool to help you see hp gain or losses so you know if your doing it right. You could go down the street and put tour bike on a dyno and that dyno might say your bike makes 178hp. All dynos will read different. If you dynoed it in stock form that would be your best way to show your hp gain. Lets say your bike made 130 hp stock then you do your mods and you go back and it says 150hp. Are the numbers low yes but it showed you made a 20 hp increase. That is what a dyno is for.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Everything Ragu said is true. PLUS it matters on the same dyno from day to day, temperature, humidity, all that crap weigh in on how a dyno reads. If you want to be top dog for horsepower numbers, you're gonna have to stick quite a bit more into your bike. The busa isn't king because of HP its king because it does EVERYTHING well.
I would blame it on a low reading dyno over a problem with the bike.

I would not have thought that 93 octane would lose HP.Better fuel is supposed to gain some.Why would low octane have better numbers??Is it because the timing MAP calls for it to run right??Mine layed down 155 stock and when tuned was 165 with 98 torque.Just with a PC3 and yosh 4 into 1 .Now I have the airbox mod,BMC race filter and an ignition module so I need a new tune.May wait until I get a brocks.

Mine put down 160 something with a Brock Gen 3 pipe, small box mod, shinko ultra soft, and 87 octane.

The reason 87 males more power is because the octane rating is just a number to signify the fuels resistance to detonation. If your bike was designed to run on 87, 93 will kill a few HP. If you have the compression bumped up, you may need the extra octane to fight off preignition.

Also, I have heard (but not seen first hand) that those velocity stacks kill a bunch of HP. Try putting the stockers back in and see.

There's no need to run 93 octane gas in the Gen I because of the low compression. 14x does sound low, but there's a lot of factors that play into dyno numbers. What tire do you have? Was it at the correct PSI? I would never put any trust into downloaded maps just because EVERY bike is different. Get the bike dyno-tuned so it's specific to your set-up and I bet you see improvement

11:1 is low compression??Even 10:1 you should have at least 92 octane.I can see an 8:1 engine like most economy cars but are bikes different??Just trying to understand how you can lose HP with better gas.87 has a shorter burn time and higher flash rate I think its called.So in my mind, fater burn time means less HP.Maybe I am thinking into it too much.The first gen timing maps are conservative, thats why I thought the lower octane.

I would not have thought that 93 octane would lose HP.Better fuel is supposed to gain some.Why would low octane have better numbers??Is it because the timing MAP calls for it to run right??Mine layed down 155 stock and when tuned was 165 with 98 torque.Just with a PC3 and yosh 4 into 1 .Now I have the airbox mod,BMC race filter and an ignition module so I need a new tune.May wait until I get a brocks.

That is a misconception
No more power with high octane actually possibly opposite
But higher octane is better for fighting detonation

I would have never thought.I guess lower octane will run a little leaner and that makes better power but the detonation will kill it but the timing comes in there.Guess I will run lower octane and see how it goes.I dynoed with 92 maybe thats why I didnt get better numbers.

Ideally, you want to run the lowest octane possible without detonation. With that being said, these bike are tuned very conservative from the factory. Gen I can use 87 and Gen II would be atleast 89 and that's what my bike is dyno tuned on. Obviously the octane rating would change if you had any type of power adder/forced induction

They have PROVEN this octane debate multiple times on a Dyno using 87 vs 93. The higher octane lost 2-4 HP EVERY TIME!

11:1 compression is not high for a motorcycle. Don;t forget that the entire engine is made of aluminum, which sucks some of the heat out of the combustion chamber. With cars, 9.5:1 is the max you can go with iron heads, but you can have 10.5:1 with aluminum heads and still run 93.

Once again, all the octane number is, is RESISTANCE TO DETONATION, not a power number.

If you insist on running the higher octane, (in a GEN1) all it will hurt is your wallet. But it doesn't help.......

You suffer from ADS (accurate dyno syndrome). Don't worry about it, mine runs like a raped ape and "only" makes 145. Go find another dyno that's optimistic, and use that number for internet smack talk.

cheers
ken

JUST GOT MINE BACK FROM FRANK AT POWERHOUSE NY,MADE 169HP,102FT LB OF TORQUE.PC3,AIR BOX MOD, BMC FILTER,DYNO ARE FOR TUNING YOUR BIKE # DON'T MEAN ****! CAN'T WAIT TO RIDE IT SAT.HE ALSO TOLD ME SO REAL GOOD INFO ON THOSE BMW'S:laugh:

Back