Factory Pro Dyno Results

dmrowe

Registered
Well having finished all of my modifications (exhaust, PCIII, Air Box Mod w/BMC Race and Factory Pro V-Stacks) I got the bike dyno'd to see what the results were.  Lee's here in San Diego was interested in how the Factory Pro's stood up against the use of (4) factory short stacks that they like to use.  The results were not what I was expecting.  Anyone want to buy a set of Factory Pro's at a discount???  Bike goes back and gets the set of stock short stacks. These runs were with 91 Octane.
GSX1300RDyno.png

eek2.gif

(nitrousjunkie @ Dec. 27 2006,13:26) Those arent bad #'s, what was the Air/Fuel Ratio?
Their chart didn't have it on there, I am going back to Lee's and see if they can give me the A/F ratio so I can see it. I know the numbers aren't bad but the Factory Pro's just start to die after 8800 RPM. Not what I expected for $268.

(dmrowe @ Dec. 27 2006,14:08)
(nitrousjunkie @ Dec. 27 2006,13:26) Those arent bad #'s, what was the Air/Fuel Ratio?
Their chart didn't have it on there, I am going back to Lee's and see if they can give me the A/F ratio so I can see it.  I know the numbers aren't bad but the Factory Pro's just start to die after 8800 RPM.  Not what I expected for $268.
No RAM AIR on the dyno
wink.gif

(BA BUSA @ Dec. 27 2006,14:15)
Their chart didn't have it on there, I am going back to Lee's and see if they can give me the A/F ratio so I can see it.  I know the numbers aren't bad but the Factory Pro's just start to die after 8800 RPM.  Not what I expected for $268.
No RAM AIR on the dyno  
wink.gif
Wouldn't you think the factory shorty's would work better also in a pressurized box? I am kind of at a loss when it comes to the dynamics of how the stacks will respond to the introduction of RAM air.

(dmrowe @ Dec. 27 2006,14:26)
(BA BUSA @ Dec. 27 2006,14:15)
No RAM AIR on the dyno  
wink.gif
Wouldn't you think the factory shorty's would work better also in a pressurized box?  I am kind of at a loss when it comes to the dynamics of how the stacks will respond to the introduction of RAM air.
I wouldn't get caught up too much with the #'s from the dyno...is the delivery of power smooth ? and how does it perform in the REAL world
wink.gif

wink.gif

During previous testing the Hayabusa airbox would not build pressure above ambient until 145 mph . Ram Air does not factor in on this particular test .

Basicaly, when running at subsonic , the Busa inlets just allows for grabbing some cooler air to ingest vs a engine that gets the air from behind the engine .

dmrowe ,

PM sent

I just had a long telephone conversation with Marc up at Factory Pro regarding the results. Basically he is saying it does not reflect real world performance or loading at the higher RPM's. I have not had a chance to ride the bike as the weather is somewhat 'funky' here today. I guess I will have to table this until I can either get it on one of the EC997 Dyno's or just ride it and decide I like it.

(dmrowe @ Dec. 27 2006,16:14) I just had a long telephone conversation with Marc up at Factory Pro regarding the results.  Basically he is saying it does not reflect real world performance or loading at the higher RPM's.  I have not had a chance to ride the bike as the weather is somewhat 'funky' here today.  I guess I will have to table this until I can either get it on one of the EC997 Dyno's or just ride it and decide I like it.
I would ride it....first and 171-172hp are not bad numbers at all...exactly what I saw with my Tsukigi pipes and the same set-up but I used Schnitz Racing's short stacks. If you look at your dyno sheet you picked up power in the mid range and gave up some up top, where do you ride, in the mid-range. Based on the charts, keep the stacks. Glad the pipe worked out for you. I just ordered 10 pipes for the shop..
biggrin.gif

In a roll-on through the gears the rev range will be shift at 10,700 which will drop to 9,000. In that range the OEM short stacks will kill brand X every time, even in the real world.

-

I bet a little more fuel in the 80-90-100% throttle position would help out..

OK, here are the final dyno results.  I had the Factory Pro V-stacks removed and 4 Suzuki stock short stacks installed.  Loaded the bike with 87 Octane and said "Tune It".  Results were 178.32 HP and 106.75 Max Torque vs. 171.91 HP and 105.01 Max Torque for the Factory Pro's.  At 9700 RPM there is a difference of 6.2 HP in favor of the factory short stacks and the HP continues to drop off dramatically.  A/F runs between 13.29 and 13.25.  Compliments to Greg on his recommendation on the Tsukigi exhaust.  Lee's said this is the best HP producing pipe they have seen to date.  Compliments to Quinten and Jody at Lee's for  having the patience to deal with me and the bike for the past two days.  I'am happy!  
biggrin.gif

FinalDynoResultsGSX1300R.jpg

Hey GPW, do you sell repacking kits ? If so do they make them for the Leo Vince pipe ?

(frisbee @ Dec. 31 2006,17:48) Hey GPW, do you sell repacking kits ? If so do they make them for the Leo Vince pipe ?
I do not at this time....but I will add that to may parts to get list. Sorry.

(dmrowe @ Dec. 28 2006,22:23) OK, here are the final dyno results. I had the Factory Pro V-stacks removed and 4 Suzuki stock short stacks installed. Loaded the bike with 87 Octane and said "Tune It". Results were 178.32 HP and 106.75 Max Torque vs. 171.91 HP and 105.01 Max Torque for the Factory Pro's. At 9700 RPM there is a difference of 6.2 HP in favor of the factory short stacks and the HP continues to drop off dramatically. A/F runs between 13.29 and 13.25. Compliments to Greg on his recommendation on the Tsukigi exhaust. Lee's said this is the best HP producing pipe they have seen to date. Compliments to Quinten and Jody at Lee's for having the patience to deal with me and the bike for the past two days. I'm happy!
biggrin.gif
Not that it's the last word in tuning sophistication, but what was the AFR on the Factory Pro stacks from the first dyno charts on the 26th and the second run, on the 29th?

Thanks -

Marc

Back