thinking about Velocity stacks and airbox mod?

hadies

Registered
I want some input from the oRg :beerchug: Heidi all ready has the leo vince 421 full system with no other mods i am thinking about a PC3 with Velocity stacks and an airbox mod, i would like to know your experiance or advice on these :whistle:

If you have a Gen II, you don't need an air box mod. The stacks from a 2007 GSX-R 1000 will add about 4 hp when properly tuned however. If you're not drag racing the machine, you'll probably never notice the stacks, but they are cheap to do and ad a mph (or so) in the quarter. You'll lose a little power on the bottom, but it's almost unnoticeable.

Not sure which box mod you are looking at but if you are sealing the ram-air tubes, it's a major PITA.....plan on about 4-hours+ worth of grinding...

I always recommend the short stacks but some people don't like them on here, not sure if they've tested them or not...

:beerchug:

I have been reading around and looking at the air box design, what I have read and I could be wrong but I figure it wont cost me anything to try is to make a spacer that will increase the volume of the air box a buddy of mine has a CNC in his shop and said he would cut me the spacer if I get him the dimensions or bring him the air box so he can put it in AutoCAD for the CNC don’t know if what I read is true but there is enough room to raise the box 0.4 inches I was going get the Factory Pro Velocity stacks and a pc3 tune the bike on a dyno first see the curve then install the spacer and check it again, and see what the difference is if any, I know this could be a total waist of time but I like plying around with ideas especially when they don’t cost much lol

Last edited:
I have been reading around and looking at the air box design, what I have read and I could be wrong but I figure it wont cost me anything to try is to make a spacer that will increase the volume of the air box a buddy of mine has a CNC in his shop and said he would cut me the spacer if I get him the dimensions or bring him the air box so he can put it in AutoCAD for the CNC don’t know if what I read is true but there is enough room to raise the box 0.4 inches I was going get the Factory Pro Velocity stacks and a pc3 tune the bike on a dyno first see the curve then install the spacer and check it again, and see what the difference is if any, I know this could be a total waist of time but I like plying around with ideas especially when they don’t cost much lol

Don't use the factory pro velocity stacks. Call Justin at Honda east and order the 07 short stacks off of a GSXR 1k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is the advantage of using the short stacks off the gsxr? i have seen it mentioned before just havent researched the resualts.

Not an expert and won't pretend to be one, but I've read some very interesting things from people who really do the engineering. They basically say Suzuki did their homework. As always, cost always is a part of that picture. Like another poster stated, with some work you might make a very small improvement, just don't know if it's worth it. Another stated that change would cost you performance elsewhere ....... If you're competing and trying to squeeze everything you can out of the bike then go for it.

Back