03 black/gray Busa with JMV undertail

maoz

Registered
If anyone is interested in seeing what a JMV undertail looks like - here it is
biggrin.gif
I just installed mine today. I like the Topgun's look maybe a little bit better but Topgun's are junk so this will do nicely. Looks really sharp, and the LED brake light is MUCH brighter than the Topgun taillight (I know from firsthand experience). This undertail attached to the bike with the six OEM pop-rivets on the rear fairing, like all undertails. But it also has two stainless steel fasteners that attach it to the two existing holes in the inner fairing under the battery. Much better mounting that other undertails for that fact.

I'm done with modding for good now
biggrin.gif

bike2.jpg

biggrin.gif

Looks great!
smile.gif

<!--EDIT|Let 'er eat!
Reason for Edit: None given...|1078012526 -->

Clear lenses can't be had from the manufacturer (they are imported from Europe) but I might see if Iceman or someone else can hook me up. As far as no more mods - well maybe a carbon fiber front fender will go on this spring too
biggrin.gif
I'd like some clear front turn signal lenses but the Clear Alternatives have a BAD reputation.

I've got one word...Double Bubble Windscreen (OK, 3). Looks BETTER than stock. Check out MotoTeck.com (maybe Mototek?) for Lenses, mine fit perfect (I went with smoked).

Yeah, the Zero Gravity Double Bubble has been the most valuable mod I've done as far as makin' ridin' fast more pleasureable. My busa came from the dealer with a Sportech black chrome screen installed. The wind came off of the Sportech and caught me in the shoulders and lid. Made my lid whistle somethin' horrible and my neck was always sore after a good ride from fightin' the turbulence off the screen. I never got past 130 with the Sportech on because at that speed my lid was bobblin' around like those old bobble head dolls in car windows. Scared the shat outta me! After that I'd blast 'er til I hit the bad turbulence and then back off and cruise.

First ride after installing the ZG DB I found a good long straight and ran 'er through the low gears waitin' for my normal signal to back off. You know, the bobble head thing... Well, I was gettin' on up in the RPM's in third but still no bobble... WTF? Looked down and I was sweepin' up past 130 on the speedo without a hint of lid whistle or bobble head! I've had 'er to 165+ a couple times since then with no wind problems. Neck is NEVER sore after a ride. Man, I tell ya, the ZG DB was worth every penny for me.

The fit looks good but, I do not like the tail light/turn signal combo. It may just be too different from what I am used to seeing, I can't quite figure it out. As long as you are happy and it is different. Congrats, nice work!

Yeah, I like the tag, too. Didn't even read it until I saw where Fast mentioned it. Oh, and when I went back for a closer look at the pics I noticed something that brings a question to mind... Do you ever turn and lean that baby? That looks like a serious flat strip down the middle of that rear meat.
wink.gif

LMAO - I just got a new tire at before winter and since then it has been pretty much wide open riding, not much twistie stuff.... yet
biggrin.gif

With regards to the tag, I like it too, but the cop who pulled me over this fall didn't care for it too much
cool.gif

<!--EDIT|maoz
Reason for Edit: None given...|1078053510 -->

What happened to you Top Gun? This signals melt?

How do you order one? If you dont mind saying, how much $$$?

Yep, both of the signals melted clear out. I couldn't believe it! I ordered mine from Devilbikes.com but you can also get one from Eurobikes.com. These two companies import them from Europe. Paint color is a perfect match, and it is flawless. I think I paid a little more than $360 with shipping. Sure the Topgun is a little cheaper (just a little) but if the turn signals melt you are left with a piece of crap like I was. This really is a good piece, I'll give a long term review early in the summer but I don't expect any problems. Another plus over the Topgun is that this piece comes with a license plate light, so you won't be running illegal at night like you would with most undertails. Of course Devilbikes forgot to include mine so it should be here next week, but at least I'll have it at some point
wink.gif

Man that sucks, I love the look of the TG. It seems a lot of folks have that same problem. I guess I will have to go with plan B. Thanks for the info Ben!

Back