Need busa undertail/hugger info

BulletTrain

Call me Daddy...
Donating Member
Registered
A friend of a friend has a busa and wants to do a few things to it so I'm trying to help them get info. He's at stock ride height and wants to do an undertail and hugger so we have a few questions since I've never messed with a hugger on a busa. He's lookin' for an undertail that incorporates the stock taillight so he can go with a Clear Alternatives integrated unit so I figure he's lookin' at one of two. Either Freestyle Corp (a link to their site would be nice) or one from TheMotorHead. Any feedback, info and/or pics regarding those two tails would be much appreciated.

And about that hugger... For those who have 'em, which one did you go with? Any clearance issues, or any issues at all?

Lastly, if anyone has a hugger in conjunction with either of the two above mentioned undertails your feedback would be especially helpful.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can shed any light whatsoever on these questions.
beerchug.gif

BT

I have seen the Motorhead undertail and if I were to get one it would be it. If it were going on your Busa Chris, I would say you'd probably want to refinish it. Not sure how your friend is with his machine. It just plain molded black ABS plastic.

As far as the hugger, at stock height you should be good. Opp racing has really nice Ti/Carbon huggers for the Busa. Im thinking maybe a partial paint job over the Ti/Carbon hugger would be hot!

A friend of a friend has a busa and wants to do a few things to it so I'm trying to help them get info. He's at stock ride height and wants to do an undertail and hugger so we have a few questions since I've never messed with a hugger on a busa. He's lookin' for an undertail that incorporates the stock taillight so he can go with a Clear Alternatives integrated unit so I figure he's lookin' at one of two. Either Freestyle Corp (a link to their site would be nice) or one from TheMotorHead. Any feedback, info and/or pics regarding those two tails would be much appreciated.

And about that hugger... For those who have 'em, which one did you go with? Any clearance issues, or any issues at all?

Lastly, if anyone has a hugger in conjunction with either of the two above mentioned undertails your feedback would be especially helpful.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can shed any light whatsoever on these questions.
beerchug.gif

BT
I have a hugger/undertail combo, but not the hugger mentioned above. I do know that the MH undertail is designed to allow more room for lowered bikes.

My undertail, I got from sportbikeeffects.com and my hugger from an outfit in Canada (Extremegraphics?)have no clearance issues whatsoever. If I decide to drop it, that's another story though.

Here's a pic. It came color matched and has a wrap around lip on the right side so there is no drilling.

rochug.jpg

under1.jpg

I have seen the Motorhead undertail and if I were to get one it would be it. If it were going on your Busa Chris, I would say you'd probably want to refinish it. Not sure how your friend is with his machine. It just plain molded black ABS plastic.

As far as the hugger, at stock height you should be good. Opp racing has really nice Ti/Carbon huggers for the Busa. Im thinking maybe a partial paint job over the Ti/Carbon hugger would be hot!
So the TMH undertail is unfinished ABS? For some reason I was thinkin' he was doin' them in 'glass. Been a LONG time since I've been on his site though so not surprising that I wouldn't remember.
wink.gif
And thanks for the input bro.
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

BT
I have a hugger/undertail combo, but not the hugger mentioned above. I do know that the MH undertail is designed to allow more room for lowered bikes.

My undertail, I got from sportbikeeffects.com and my hugger from an outfit in Canada (Extremegraphics?)have no clearance issues whatsoever. If I decide to drop it, that's another story though.

Here's a pic. It came color matched and has a wrap around lip on the right side so there is no drilling.

rochug.jpg
Thanks for the info and pics, man.
beerchug.gif
That hugger looks good in the pics. Any issues or problems with it so far?
rock.gif

beerchug.gif

Nope, no issues yet.  I've had it a year now.  It is made out of fiberglass, and I really wanted an ABS one.  So far, though, the paint still looks great.  I am happy with it.

Kinda wish I had the MH undertail though, cause I want to lower the bike now.  And lowering the bike, then riding the wife around doesn't work with an undertail/hugger combo like mine.

Never seen the MH undertail in person.

<!--EDIT|thebbbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1138152295 -->

Yeah, the first thing I asked him was whether it was lowered or not. I didn't figure a hugger would work with most undertails, including stock, if the bike was dropped much at all.

Chris, I had the same EG hugger on Baby J a while ago and never had any issues. As far as undertails, you are correct that there are only a couple choice but remember the one I got off eBay. Great finish and as much room to lower a bike as the MH tail. Not a lot of choices for huggers though. I think NWS makes one that is nice.

Chris, I had the same EG hugger on Baby J a while ago and never had any issues. As far as undertails, you are correct that there are only a couple choice but remember the one I got off eBay. Great finish and as much room to lower a bike as the MH tail. Not a lot of choices for huggers though. I think NWS makes one that is nice.
I thought you had a TMH undertail.
rock.gif
Can you point me to the one you went with? And thanks for the input bro.
beerchug.gif

I had a cf hugger from NWS on my 01 and loved it. Fit and finish was very good.

I aint 100%, but I think MHs undertails are glass. I do know that everyone who got one was pleased with it.

How did you do that for future ref?
Copy the full link (including the http:// part), then above the reply box (where I'm typing this right now to post it) there's a little button that looks like a globe with a couple links of chain at the bottom... click that button and paste the url you copied. Click OK and then type in the text that you want to appear as the link, or paste the url again if you want that to be what shows up where the link goes...
wink.gif

And thanks for the help, both here and over there.
beerchug.gif

Train I had the Roca hugger on mine. But when I decided to lower the bike I had to remove it. It's that same Extremegraphics hugger called Roca style from extreme graphics it's made of fiber glass

I still have not sold it if he is interested.

Here is the link:

<!--EDIT|arey
Reason for Edit: None given...|1138192713 -->

Back