Need busa undertail/hugger info

I got a undertail from extreme graphics that use the stock brake light. The trick about it is you flip the light upside down so the reflector is inside the tail section. It looks realy good. I would show pics but mine is currently getting painted, so any way go to this site and scroll down to about the middle of the page. It is a fiberglass undertail, I got mine off ebay for about 130 instead on the 179 on the main web site. Hope this helps

http://www.exoticsportbike.com/hayabusa_(1999-2005).htm

Charles at Street N Track sells the NWS. There is a little bit of a wait though as they come from across the big pond and are a little backlogged as of now. If I'm not mistaken you can get them in ABS as well as carbon fiber. Mine is due in soon, I hope. I like the NWS because it extends down in front and seems to offer a little more protection in that area. Do check on the mounting requirements as some require drilling a hole on the right side of the swingarm to hold it down on that side. I know of at least one like that.

Thanks to all for the info/input.
beerchug.gif
I am passing the info on to my friend.
wink.gif

Charles at Street N Track sells the NWS. There is a little bit of a wait though as they come from across the big pond and are a little backlogged as of now. If I'm not mistaken you can get them in ABS as well as carbon fiber. Mine is due in soon, I hope. I like the NWS because it extends down in front and seems to offer a little more protection in that area. Do check on the mounting requirements as some require drilling a hole on the right side of the swingarm to hold it down on that side. I know of at least one like that.
+1

Hope my NWS comes in soon...excited to get it. Sounds like the NWS is about the only one to offer true protection. ICEMANN did a few reviews on the NWS and his input made alot of sense.

One of my riding buddies has one that allows the use of the stock taillight. He just put it on not long ago i'll try to get in touch with him on Friday as he is out of town at the moment on biz. It looks sharp too, has a stainless steel plate that goes underneath the taillight that completes the look if you can imagine that. It faces the top of the tire if that makes it easier to understand. Anyway i'll post up when I hear something.
Jay

I dont remember having to drill any holes on my 01, seems like it bolted right up.

I dont remember having to drill any holes on my 01,  seems like it bolted right up.
There's a guy on ebay that sells cf huggers. I think he owns his own company called Carbon Fiber Works. His huggers require you drill a hole in the right side of the swingarm for a mounting bolt to hold that side down....on the Busa anyway.

Motorhead undertail is very good and you don't have to do any cutting of the old stock undertail . I fact I sold mine on e-bay for $70.

Back