02 Busas beat 04 R1!!!

Big O

Physicist Genii
Donating Member
Registered
Charlesbusa and I got together for a ride today, and met up with a friend of mine with a new 04 R1. We toured the local canyons by my house and ran up to Angeles Crest and back.

Before we parted ways, we had a race, about a mile and a half, downhill, with the wind at our backs, in neutral, with the engines off... I took the early lead and never looked back, well, except to see Charles not far behind. The R1 was close and the beginning but faded quickly. Got weird looks from a guy in a truck merging onto the road. Here we are fully tucked at blindingly fast 62 mph, and NO noise. I credit my win to having new tires (208s) that are still pointy thereby having less rolling resistance, and more aerodynamic tuck behind the windscreen.
Here's a pic of the bikes at Newcome's, saw another Busa, "Blue Missile" anybody here?

Newcombe_s_Aug_04.JPG

Here's the fastest colors under "The Tree" at Angeles Forest.

Busas_under_the_Tree_Aug_04.JPG

blackandblueisfastest was a popular color today, as we found this one, at one of our stops. Turns out I know this guy's friend, who also has a Busa, not blackandblue though. That's his 12.
Sactown, we missed you.

3rd_Busa_Aug_04.JPG

hey big O we'll have to get together sometime and ride the crest.. ive kind of ridden with charlesbusa.. we rode palomar in a large group but anyhow.. lets ride sometime

big o be carefull doing that the transmission is oil fed just not splashed like the old days i would hate to see you have gear to shaft problems from lack of lubrication i have seen a busa do this in the past it had a partially plugged passage way to the transmission and it siezed 3rd gear to the shaft.
Rich

while i was at the track i got to run some laps and an instructer friend of mine was on his 04 r1 and down the straight i was pulling him even when he had alot more coner speed coming out. i just peg the throttle and i was gone

You guys practicing for like the Olympics...Downhill event...That's cool...
evil.gif

so let me get this strait u guys had a no gas race down hill??? what ever floats your boat

Brixxer, yeah we Have to get together and ride.
Whzyrd: That's about it for the downhill racing. Good to know, though.
him: After 200 miles of chasing each other through the twisty stuff, and setting our personal land speed records, it was time for a change of pace.
tounge.gif

As always, nice pics Big O. And as always, there's never a dull moment whenever YOU ride...
laugh.gif

Back