0-200mph time

shadowchaser

Registered
hi i have just registered and was wondering what the 0-200mph time would be of a stock busa and a turbo busa. thanks in advance. gonna do a bit of reading on this forum, very good forum btw.

about 25 secs to 235mph in the mile and about 28 secs for a stock busa, and a miniute and a half at full throttle for 5 miles at bonneville and reach speeds of 240-260

thanks for the reply i was only wondering, how fast one of those turbo busas can go. makes me realise how fast that skyline was that did 0-200 in 13secs and that was a road car. cannot imagine how fast that must be when your on the bike i know my dads 1200 bandit is pretty fast but them things are in a another league. thanks again

about 25 secs to 235mph in the mile and about 28 secs for a stock busa, and a miniute and a half at full throttle for 5 miles at bonneville and reach speeds of 240-260

Steve you need to define <marquee>stock<table style=filter:flipH>
race.gif
</table></marquee> for new guys over here bro.  You can't just jump on  a stock Busa out of the show room and hit 235mph in 28 seconds, with out gear changes, NOS and a little help with pipes, and a lot of expertise like yourself.  You have to remember that too many new riders will think it is very easy to do and suffer the pain.

<!--EDIT|Ninja Eater
Reason for Edit: None given...|1075087375 -->

how far is that.. gotta be doin' atleast 2 miles in that time.. unless my math is way off

Your math is not off a little, but then calculating wind and tire spin. You are not far off I am sure. Steve could give a better feel for the distance. That is where the HP comes in how fast to get up to Max speed range. When my bike was stock and then even with NOS it seemed like the distance went on forever and tha twas evern with 19/41 gearing. Now with 310hp and 18/40 gearing the bike can hit 200mph in about 8 1/2 10's of a mile.

Our turbo busa ran the maxton 1 mile course in about 25 seconds, thats leaving easy. A stock busa will go 188 or so at maxton in about 28-29 secs don't hold me to these #s they are round about#s, now if you had a 1/4 mile type surface and some inches and a mikey you could probably go a mile in around 18 secs, just guessing. ok

oh, isee where i went wrong.. i was figuring from max speed instead of average speed... when you figure it that way a stock busa is gonna average roughly 120 over the mile at maxton.. yippie
biggrin.gif

Our turbo busa ran the maxton 1 mile course in about 25 seconds, thats leaving easy. A stock busa will go 188 or so at maxton in about 28-29 secs don't hold me to these #s they are round about#s, now if you had a 1/4 mile type surface and some inches and a mikey you could probably go a mile in around 18 secs, just guessing. ok
Your turbo busa made up for the mph in the big end with hp.

My N20 bike went 9 seconds in the 1st 1/4 mile and 9-10 seconds in the last 3/4 mile to reach 215mph. I leave hard and fast and treat Maxton like a 1 mile dragrace.

Guy

Back