Estimated HP required to break 200mph?

JimmyTNT

Registered
Now guys, i realize these bikes will go 226mph right off the showroom floor with factory air in the tires... :rofl:

LOL, real talk. What HP have you guys put down on motor, turbo, or nitrous to achieve 200mph? I do realize weight of the rider, bike, aero, and quite a few other factors play a great roll. Just ball park it for sake of this thread. I know one of the magazines did a article on this very topic, but like i said, a magazine. I stopped buying those years ago after i started turning realtime numbers and not sponsored paid for numbers, lol.

no they will go 186 mph off the floor

i know, i was joking with sarcasm because every person that doesnt know crap about real time numbers thinks its a 226mph bike straight from the showroom.

Here is an article by Brock Davidson taking a 2008 Gen II Busa with bolt on mods to 200 mph. The bike dynoed at 200 HP.

:: DRAGBIKE.COM :: DRAGBIKE MAGAZINE :: Hayabusa Chronicles Part 2 ::

yeah, but im asking real people from this forum that have actually achieved this feat!

not sure how much hp but i would say 190 + , and the right gears ,

yea the brocks guys did it with simple bolt on mods,

brocks exhaust and a few other things , and a tune !

ran i think it was 202 or 204 , first guys to brake 200 on the gen2 !

depends on the dyno :whistle::rofl:

its been done and setups are posted on here. gotbusa? has a build ill see if i can find it.

Once you do the simple BoostbySmith mode for a few bucks...200 is no problem.

Don't ask me how I know:whistle:

Fairly straightforward calculation, and I'm bored today at work so...:laugh:

Assuming a 77" roll out tire, and stock 18/43 gearing with a typical 2% slip, engine RPM to go 200 MPH (294 Ft/sec) is 11,150 RPM. We know that the primary and secondary gear ratios in 6th give us a total ratio of 3.98:1
293 ft/sec= (11150rpm/60)*(.98)/3.979*77"/12"/ft
So if the motor is spinning at 11,200 RPMs, how much power must it be making at that point? Well drag force is Fd=.5Cd*A*p*V^2, and the Cd*A of the busa has been measured several times to be around 3.48 for someone with a reasonable tuck and slightly lowered chassis. So...
Drag force = (.5)*(3.48)*(.075 lb/ft^3)*(294ft/sec)^2 = 352 lb force
There is a good reason why you don't sit up to slow down.
That force can be calculated back to engine NET Torque at the rear tire by knowing the radius of the tire and the total gear ratio.
NET Torque = 252 lbF*1.02 ft/3.98 = 90.2 ft-lb torque.
Again, this is net, not gross crank torque since you need this much at the back tire to create that amount of force.

Since HP = Torque *RPM / 5250, We can quickly calculate that 90 Ft-lbs at 11150 RMP is about 192 HP Net.

But thats not the total story. Emperically you eat up about 20 to 25 HP with rolling resistance depending on how much air pressure and the type of wheel bearings you have. With ceramic bearings and 45 psi in the tires, maybe the number is 15HP?
So, it takes about 207 to 220 HP to go 200 MPH depending on your size and your tuck and your bearings, etc.

yeah, but im asking real people from this forum that have actually achieved this feat!

Are you asking 200mph period or reaching it from a dead stop in 1-mile...?

Check out my build thread for results at the Texas Mile. Remember doing it in 1-mile is different than running flat out for a couple miles.

guys on here have broke 200 with a light rider on gen 2 stock de restricted.

Link...?

No offense but I'm going to call BS.

Once you do the simple BoostbySmith mode for a few bucks...200 is no problem.

Don't ask me how I know:whistle:

What other mods...?

clicky

i believe this is what brocks setup was too or close to it.

Thanks for passing on the info but the setup had several things different. Pretty similar but not the same... ;)

Oh well, I'm just a coppy cat that's never done anything to some... :rofl: Then again, I won't lie and try to be something I'm not on the internet either... :beerchug:

lowered busa, 200lb rider, <6'1" height, decent tuck, decent launch, decent shifts, decent air density, 205hp for a standing start 1 mile distance to hit 200mph.

there are so many variables that the hp number can end up as low as 180's to high 230's.

Are you asking 200mph period or reaching it from a dead stop in 1-mile...?

Check out my build thread for results at the Texas Mile. Remember doing it in 1-mile is different than running flat out for a couple miles.

Link...?

No offense but I'm going to call BS.

What other mods...?

Thanks for passing on the info but the setup had several things different. Pretty similar but not the same... ;)

Oh well, I'm just a coppy cat that's never done anything to some... :rofl: Then again, I won't lie and try to be something I'm not on the internet either... :beerchug:

Call whatever you want, I did not say I did 200 mph or that it was done in a mile. :moon:

Call whatever you want, I did not say I did 200 mph or that it was done in a mile. :moon:

???

No need for that, it is nothing against you. I just want to see who is making these claims. :poke:

I've got $100 that says it will NEVER happen on a stock Gen-II bike (unrestriced) unlimited space... ;)

Back