Alright Political and Religious threads over

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
I just can't take it anymore. There are a few that just have to continue to drive negative posts on this site. It's one thing to have a conversation about a topic, it's completely different to start a thread with a questionable video or post up negative comments about the president. Those who are guilty know exactly who you are, don't shrug your shoulders and say "What, I'm just posting the truth... ".

I didn't like it when President Bush was slammed, the office of the president demands respect, disagree with the man all you want... RESPECT the office. President Obama is just that the President of the United States of America. I personally didn't vote for him, however I can tell you that if he fails we fail. I want the best for my countrymen and country I am willing to put my differences aside...

Get over it....

No more political threads.... For those of you that think your super sneaky and have multiple accounts or that have rebuilt your new Intenet identities after you were banned, we know who you are too. Don't kid yourselves we new the day you came back..... Straighten up !

For the religious threads I just can't believe that some of you will argue about religion, there is no way that one person is going to change the mind of another by arguing religion on the Internet. For those that don't want prayer, great don't ask for it. For those that want and need prayer for a cause, ask for it and you will get it. If the folks on the board that don't believe in prayer don't like it, then leave! Don't *****, don't complain, don't fuss over it and don't even try to tell me that I don't know what's going on. This isn't your kids 4th grade class nor is it the courthouse... If I want a navity scene on the front page and the ten commandments in the Rules when a member signs up then I will put them there. You have no rights to free speech, I can censor and if you feel that I am stomping on your constitutional rights you can go create your own forum and make new members recite the athiest pledge. I will put what I want up, when I want.....

This place was founded on RESPECT, HONOR, INTEGRITY and COMMITTMENT to the other members, tell me how bashing someone's faith falls into any of those catagories, tell me how bashing the president over and over solves a single problem....

It's time to move on......

We lost a great friend today, one that stood for all of the things listed, one that would give anything that he had for probably anyone here that asked for it. We want to build friendships here not break people down, we want to offer condolences when someone needs it, we want to lift our friends higher than they could ever be alone.

Get it back together members, we are losing the very core of why we are here......

CAp

I'm guilty of putting my 1 cents here and there. I agree tho, it does get old :whistle:

You know that good discussion can be fun, I like to learn about other religions, other beliefs. We used to have those discussions all the time, people let emotions and pride get in the way. When we call someone stupid or ignorant that is what I call a personal attack, to say that you do not agree with the answer given would be correct. When those small mistakes are made then it becomes a personal thing and posturing begins. Opinions are important sometimes, if you can express your opinion to another person without calling them a douchbag then you have done well.

Lot's of room for misunderstandings and lot's of times an innocent comment can be construed and misinterpereted. Telling someone that they are small minded because they belive in God would be a good example of putting someone down. A simple I do not agree would have gotten the message across much better without talking down to the person.

But since the group as a whole can't play well with others we must start heavily moderating.

CAp

Last edited:
It is sad that these individuals need to be talked to like a bunch of fugging 2nd graders. Grow up people and respect OUR family.

These heated discussions solve nothing and cause hurt feelings. I'm as guilty as anyone of participating. Kevin's passing caused me to look at our group, our family, and although the discussions are a sort of brain exercise, they're just not worth it.

Respect for other people is the key. Just always hope you will warn before banning.

Well said, I don't think I am guilty, but it does make you think about how some comments might be taken or misunderstood.

Now lets all get back to helping each other, planning get togethers, parties, and bashing Kawasukies :laugh: :laugh:

Politics is a big issue today. I thought I was always PC with my threads and respectful of others. I tried to honestly understand and listen to other opinions and views. I don't not like our president just strongly disagree with where he's trying to lead our country and wanted to inform others of interesting events that won't ever make it to most televisions. My sincerest apologies if anything I've said or posted out of line.

Religion I really hate to see leave the board. Not everyone is going to agree with the Bible but if we only shared the word of God with those that agree we wouldn't be reaching anyone. But this isn't the only place to do that. This is your house so I will humbly comply :handshake:

I really hope my sentiments didn't get lost in my text.

This is just my humble 2 cents

I really hope my sentiments didn't get lost in my text.

They don't, '99. You and I probably don't agree on much politically, but from what I can tell from your posts, we could be great friends. I read once that Ted Kennedy and Orrin Hatch are best friends. Friendship trumps politics :beerchug:

THAT'S WHY THIS BOARD IS WHAT IT IS!!!!

I stand right beside you there Doug--- And I appreciate you puttin' the old preverbial FOOT DOWN on some of the ugliness that is tryin' to stick its stupid and ugly head in our family here.... the old saying that one bad apple can spoil the whole bunch might be true but that's ONLY if you leave it in the barrel with all the good ones!! Time to do some culling in the barrel:whistle::laugh:

They don't, '99. You and I probably don't agree on much politically, but from what I can tell from your posts, we could be great friends. I read once that Ted Kennedy and Orrin Hatch are best friends. Friendship trumps politics :beerchug:

+1 on this one bro
Posted via Mobile Device

Back